S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey how's it goen' im shane. I curently have a new Trans am and an Old Jeep Wrangler i drive in the winter. I am looking to sell both of them and get a new Extreme.

Im looking for anything from 99-2001
Black
4.3 Lieter automatic V6
w/ a short bed, 2 stepsides in rear, and tintied windows

My question is, i like the 3 door extended cab and i am sure i'd use the room, but can i get by with a regular cab?

Or does anyone with expierance wish they had gotten and extended cab?

Thanks, shane

·
A Constant Work in Progress
1,088 Posts
if ya have the extra money go ahead and get the ext. cab........it looks (imo) better than the standard....especially if yer gonna get the stepside......either way ya go, you'll be happy with the X as long as ya stick with the 6cyl

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've always liked the regular cab, but now i sawthe 3 door extended that looks nice to, i just dont want a big old boat to park... it isnt MUCH bigger either. you were saying they cost a little more though?
Also how much room is there even in the regular cap?
backback? speakers? subs? clouths? any room even at all? you can recline your seat at least right?
thanks again, shane

·
Camaro Owner, S10 Lover.
148 Posts
I have a regular cab Xtreme. Im 6'3 and have room to recline my seats. There really isnt any extra space for subs. But, you'd be surprised at the amount of $hit I have got in the back. Ive seen magazines, tons of clothes, jackets, ski boots jumper cables.. For real, I dont know how i got so much crap back there! But, the X-cab is to much weight and bulkiess for me.

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
just keep in mind though. the xcab is known for having a third door ratlle. i had to bring mine back to the dealer 3 times and they can't get rid of the rattle. it's just a matter of bad engenering.... you'll get used to it though.

but all in all, i like the xcab better. it's nice to have the 3rd seat, xtra cargo, space for subs, and the comfort of reclining your seats.

good luck...:D

·
Say lowered d
1,349 Posts
I think that if you have the dough, you should get the ext cab. I've had both, and the ext cab is roomier. I had a nice huge box and amp in the ext cab with lots of room to spare. With the reg cab now, I have to put the seat forward to get the 12 sub and box behind the seat. Plus ext cabs look like they are lower for some reason. And they do look better imo also.

(The reg cab goes better with the V-8 in it though):evilg: :uhoh: :thumbup:

·
Registered
214 Posts
You're getting rid of a TA for an Xtreme? Man, I like S10s, too, but never enough to get rid of my Camaro for one. What are you going to do with the extra money after you sell your TA and Jeep and buy the X?

-Chris

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my t a is almost 8 years old.. it runs brand new it looks brand new, its just i want something with less miles

it is a fun car... but arent xtremes fun 2?

i just hope i won't regreat sellen the trans am in the summer when i see guys with there t tops off... (that could be me...)

·
Registered
214 Posts
I see. You said your TA was NEW, so I'm thinking '01 or '02 LS1. Regardless, my car has 85,000 miles and still runs like a top. If you keep it, though, I hope you're mechanically inclined. You're going to be doing some work on it, especially if it's modded.

-Chris

·
Registered
677 Posts
I have a xtended cab and I love it. I had a 98 standard and I just didn't have enough room. You can fit 2 8's in the back though and that is not moving the seat up at all. Seats don't recline much. I love the xtended cab much better but as said above it does have the third door rattle. It is a 2001 with 5000 miles and the third door is rattleing. But I think it is the window latch on the third door from what I can tell. I haven't took it to the dealer yet though.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've got an Xtreme Blazer and I have a BUTTLOAD of room!!!!!

By the way, I love my truck!:thumbup:

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
hey shane,

the xtreme blazer might just suit you just fine. it has enough room for five, better wieght distribution than a pickup, and lighter than an xtended cab. and to my opinion they look better than the pickups. too bad they don't have it here in canada.

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
regcab vs xcab

I have a reg cab i like the look alot better and if you live in a populated city your gonna want a reg cab simply becuz it takes a football field to do a u turn with the x cab but then again the steering radius on the reg cab isnt that great either....i'm 5'10" and i can get pretty comfortable but one of my buddies who is 6'1" keeps his knees on the dash cuz of lack of room.....

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Go with the Blazer X and you can bring your girl and at least 2 of her freinds along for a comfortable ride ;), RIde is nicer and after riding in 3 x pickups, just as quick.....Just a thought but than again im biased.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts