S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im installing my lowering springs but i cant get the top shock bolt off the shaft keeps spinning ive changed my shocks before but i forgot how. so what do i do. i fell so dumb for asking lol.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i was going to reuse them till Thursday when i got paid but now im just going to wait since the shaft spun on the vise grip and now its leaking lol good thing i only have to drive for a few miles.

·
Local Tech
5,407 Posts
if youre lowering it, u should be changing them..... i take a deep socket and an extension, and bend the shock back and forth til it snaps..... voila!

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its only a 3 inch drop i just really want it on and i only drive my truck like twice a week anyways. so once i get paid again im getting shocks and spindles.

·
Super Moderator
20,515 Posts
I use 1/4 or 6mm(something of the sort of that small size wrench/socket)

easier if you have racheting wrench and loosen it up from there

otherwise use STRAIGHT vise grip on top

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i tried the vise grip thing with the ratcheting wrenches but the top part broke. but im able to get it off to a certain point so im just going to cut some of the threads off.

·
The Eye is watching you!!
963 Posts
I used a socket and pipe to break off the part above the nut then put the impact gun on the nut. just bump the trigger, then let it stop, bump the trigger, let it stop, trigger...etc. about a minute later, nuts off.

·
I turn.
2,555 Posts
Lisle makes a tool for removing that nut, it's $12 - I just used it on my T/A. It's no good if the flat part on the shock shaft is already rounded off though.

·
white wall member
1,655 Posts
if u wand u can have my old drop shocks one leaks a lil but they still work great and i only removed them for bags

·
white wall member
1,655 Posts
ill put them in my truck tommaro after work and ill be out at the toledo tuners meet tomaro night and friday night

and 5$ is cool enuf for me

1 - 20 of 30 Posts