S-10 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
questions what headers gaskets to get for my sb400? and do i need a mini starter for my long tubes( or can i sqeezz them in)? and do the 3 peice headmens leak were u put them 2gether

·
i dont have feelings
519 Posts
i used my stock 4.3 starter off my 91. it was tight, but it fit just fine with the headmans. i think theres a bigger starter, maybe someone else knows....

if you tighten headers properly, they should never leak.

·
Registered
471 Posts
mine dont leak where there put together,get a set of exhaust manifold gaskets for 76 fullsize chevy truck there individual gaskets and they seem to last longer,BTW do not over tighten your bolts the weak ass flanges will warp,You can run a fullsize starter with them but trust me changing out the starter is a real bitch the mini starter makes life so much nicer

·
LSx and V8 Mod
4,204 Posts
Head Gasket: Felpro 1014 Has 400 steam holes, 4.200 in. Bore, .039 in. Compressed Thickness

·
Registered
471 Posts
hey BTW how bout some pics of the stripper lol

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ill get some pics up lol

·
Registered
471 Posts
BINGO! on the remote oil filter hes right it slipped my ageing mind

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
man i think i could of did better with fenderwells i mean what the hell. i finally got the passenger side in with taking my stock starter out and the center exults pipes hits the motor mount and is at least an inch and a half a half back. if i move my motor back ill run into other problems (HEI,RADIATOR) the mounts i got are rubber mounts with the 2wd motor mounts of v8s10.com, (i no headman says use advanced adapters) what should a brother do try taking the motor back or sell and get fenderwells

1 - 10 of 10 Posts