S-10 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
ASE certified MasterTech
8,695 Posts
I am getting bumbpkiss on those numbers, the block number does not seem right to me.
Any other numbers?
I did find a head casting number 333882, you sure you have a 3338822?
But for 68-75 blocks, those numbers do not match up for a casting number on the block.

·
ASE certified MasterTech
8,695 Posts
I have tried 8970010 as a block casting number, tried ends with,begins with, exactly matches, looks like and nothing. And yes those are all real choices when searching the casting numbers!
LOL
I printed you out a 69-75 5.7 block torque specs, has head torque specs as well.
OK, through dilagent searching, is the block actually 3970010? I got you the specs for that casting number, I think you might of misread it because with that number also comes up those heads.
If so, that engine is from a truck, not a Chevelle, 5.7/350/Vin Y from 68-75 trucks.

·
ASE certified MasterTech
8,695 Posts
On my printout, I got you all the casting numbers, crank/rods/cam so once you pull it apart you can look and see.

·
what? to loud? u crazy
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Let's say I was a little "out of it" when I posted that haha. It is a 39 not a 89. And doesn't suprise me he lied about what motor he had for me. But I found a 3970010 block used in a chevelle when I looked it. It was listed as a 290hp 350. But idk lol I don't know motor crap. I did find the heads has 74cc with 194 and 150 valves lol

·
ASE certified MasterTech
8,695 Posts
Well a 68/69 Camaro 302 had that listed as a casting number, but that is not what you have. The only other ones listed for that casting number was a buick and an Olds.
Look on the front of the block by the upper cylinder deck right below the head, I believe on the left side(standing from the principle end of the block)you should have a partial VIN, if it is the block I say it is, it should have a Y listed in the partial VIN.
According to Pro-SIS its a 76cc chamber.............

·
what? to loud? u crazy
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
ok i should be working on it tomarrow after work ill check then i just got home its late supper time now haha

·
Honor, Grace, and Dignity
352 Posts
Not to butt in, but I could use a center console if it will work for the 92. I could use another intake for a 2.8 as well.

·
ASE certified MasterTech
8,695 Posts
I only have one extra good console, has a usable lid, but I have two other bases. Only extra intakes I have are a 3.4 Camaro intake and the 4.3 intake off the motor I just got today, LOL.
I would swap you the console for some 4.3 frame mounts............

·
Honor, Grace, and Dignity
352 Posts
I was wondering about the intake from the 2.8 he is planning on pulling. I will stick with the console I have just thought I would toss it out there after reading. Thanks.

·
what? to loud? u crazy
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
if the motor doesnt sell within 2 weeks on craigslist its getting parted out so keep in touch you may have a intake

·
ASE certified MasterTech
8,695 Posts
Let me know if you do that, I am still looking for an alt bracket.

·
what? to loud? u crazy
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
i know josh i rememeber its yours if it doesnt sell i do sorta owe ya lol

·
ASE certified MasterTech
8,695 Posts
LOL
You needed some parts, I had em, no biggie.
I need a upper/lower fan shroud also if you run across one. I had one, but threw it away!

·
what? to loud? u crazy
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
i maybe running electric fans so u maybe able to have mine. and ya i had a price for ya but i forgot to post it haha. my bad man ill check again tomarrow and let ya know

·
what? to loud? u crazy
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
ordered my rebuild kit today. i was wanting to stroke it but i guess thats a no go i dont have the money. so its going to be a .040 over, .275 dome top pistons, high flow oil pump, new valve springs, 245/245 .510 .510 cam, and a buncha other crap. but heres the work from tonight.

and the junk out of the way

·
ASE certified MasterTech
8,695 Posts
Lookn good Phil!
Ya a stroker kit is pricey! Are you having the crank turned or just replaced?

·
what? to loud? u crazy
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
ya but after that 150 more u got to get it ballanced and what not. i just said heck with it and ordered a normal performance rebuild kit with a .510 cam and bucha other crap. im not doin nothin to the crank thats in the motor now it looks fine ima measure it make sure its in spec and throw it in. this winter its getting a crank rods and heads. also them memphis speakers are a sprial order since they dont handle them and they told me they arnt worth it but around 180 if i had it right

·
what? to loud? u crazy
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
just sold the 4 12s and 2 of the rear fuse holders. thats paying for my boring and what not. maybe ordering my mounts and headers to. picked up a holley 650 for a temp carb

41 - 60 of 65 Posts