S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
ASE certified MasterTech
8,695 Posts
I will have a lower valance for ya as of tomorrow, but no go on the windsheild.
The guy I bought Blazer #4 from is loading it down with all his S-10 parts so.....once I take inventory I will respond back.

Oh and BTW, Phil, I took this pic today at the Chicago Auto Show just for you:

·
ASE certified MasterTech
8,695 Posts
I seen that S-10 on the list, it looked like they just cut the front fender off halfway, what was up with that?
I have a lower valance, but it is from a 4x4 so it has two little slots cut out for the tow hooks, but it's yours if you want it.

·
ASE certified MasterTech
8,695 Posts
I have two 82-90 core supports out in the shed, I know they are not 91-94 style for the lights to match up in the newer grill, but hey its free!
LOL

·
ASE certified MasterTech
8,695 Posts
OK, well I have two sets of the headlight bezels if you need those.

·
ASE certified MasterTech
8,695 Posts
I also have one of those round bar grills for the 82-90 style support.

I would take the kit off, but that is me, I hate those kits! There was a guy awhile back in Findlay that was selling a whole kit like that for $100 on Craigslist, but that was awhile back.

Hell I have two extra sets of seats, about 8 door panels , three center consoles, glove box doors and all kinds of crap, if I don't have it I would be surprised!

·
ASE certified MasterTech
8,695 Posts
BTW, if you decide to sell off/trade off those wheels let me know.
You say P.O.S. 2.8, swap that baby out for a 3.4, you won't regret it, trust me!

·
ASE certified MasterTech
8,695 Posts
OK, well let me know what you want for the wheels if you sell them, I have a nearly brand new set of 2nd gen steelies with mismatched tires with center caps if you wanted a partial trade or what not.
The only seats I have are charcoal, and your interior is blue correct?
I'm actually heading too Effingham this afternoon, me and the family are going too Fridays.

·
ASE certified MasterTech
8,695 Posts
I have no clue either Phil, tell me what ya want for em and we can go from there.
Tires any good?

·
ASE certified MasterTech
8,695 Posts
Looks much much better now Phil, don't forget about me and those old wheels.........
When is this motor swap gonna happen? BTW, once you swap out that 2.8, I need the alternator bracket for a 2.8, mine broke on my 3.4 :(

·
ASE certified MasterTech
8,695 Posts
P.M. replied.
I need to check my P.M.'s first!

lol

·
ASE certified MasterTech
8,695 Posts
Will do.

·
ASE certified MasterTech
8,695 Posts
I am getting bumbpkiss on those numbers, the block number does not seem right to me.
Any other numbers?
I did find a head casting number 333882, you sure you have a 3338822?
But for 68-75 blocks, those numbers do not match up for a casting number on the block.

·
ASE certified MasterTech
8,695 Posts
I have tried 8970010 as a block casting number, tried ends with,begins with, exactly matches, looks like and nothing. And yes those are all real choices when searching the casting numbers!
LOL
I printed you out a 69-75 5.7 block torque specs, has head torque specs as well.
OK, through dilagent searching, is the block actually 3970010? I got you the specs for that casting number, I think you might of misread it because with that number also comes up those heads.
If so, that engine is from a truck, not a Chevelle, 5.7/350/Vin Y from 68-75 trucks.

·
ASE certified MasterTech
8,695 Posts
On my printout, I got you all the casting numbers, crank/rods/cam so once you pull it apart you can look and see.

·
ASE certified MasterTech
8,695 Posts
Well a 68/69 Camaro 302 had that listed as a casting number, but that is not what you have. The only other ones listed for that casting number was a buick and an Olds.
Look on the front of the block by the upper cylinder deck right below the head, I believe on the left side(standing from the principle end of the block)you should have a partial VIN, if it is the block I say it is, it should have a Y listed in the partial VIN.
According to Pro-SIS its a 76cc chamber.............

·
ASE certified MasterTech
8,695 Posts
I only have one extra good console, has a usable lid, but I have two other bases. Only extra intakes I have are a 3.4 Camaro intake and the 4.3 intake off the motor I just got today, LOL.
I would swap you the console for some 4.3 frame mounts............

·
ASE certified MasterTech
8,695 Posts
Let me know if you do that, I am still looking for an alt bracket.

·
ASE certified MasterTech
8,695 Posts
LOL
You needed some parts, I had em, no biggie.
I need a upper/lower fan shroud also if you run across one. I had one, but threw it away!

·
ASE certified MasterTech
8,695 Posts
Lookn good Phil!
Ya a stroker kit is pricey! Are you having the crank turned or just replaced?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts