S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Camaro Owner, S10 Lover.
148 Posts
Like I said before, keep the damn Fbody! But, people will argue and say the Xtreme is faster than an R/T, but trust me, they are not! :bash: It depends on how much $$ ya want. The R/T will drink gas a lot faster, you get 14-17 according to the window sticker, when I test drove it, being pretty heavy footed, I got 8-10MPG. I like the stance of the R/T, and they are way more rare than Xtremes.

Ive seen 2 R/T's this year. And now, all the 16 year olds are getting Xtremes. Thats why I stopped washing and caring about the X. As far as speed, Im getting a motorcycle for fun. Found a 2001 with 4000 miles for $5500! :D

I say trade in your old Fbody for a newer one. They will be worth way more since they stopped making them. Later.

John

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

i hear ya about keep the f-body, i went out today and started it. wow it rumbled. i have flowmaster exaust, and it looked brand new. inside and out for once. i dont know why i am apreciating it more now its away

·
Canuck w/Truck
624 Posts
A guy I work with had an R/T, it was a cool truck in all but it left a lot to be desired, it was in for warranty work more than any truck ever should be! He had problems with the brakes, differential, susension, and the 1/4 glass came loose from the frame. It must have been built on monday, I sure don't think that highly of them and they are really not that fast.

And for the X being the choice ride of teens, get a ZQ8 and start modding from there it will turn out way more unique!

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'm lost....

If all you want to do is go fast, why don't you keep your firebird? I love kustom trucks, but I still fail to see the reason for buying one if you don't haul anything. The s-10 and Dakotas are both nice. Dakota R/T's are expensive, and yeah when I see extreme I usually think young kid(no offense owners, they are still pretty nice), and at the same time when I see a R/T, I still pretty much think the same thing. If all you want to do is go fast build up your f-body. If you want to build a truck, I say start with a zq8, or Get a dakota with the 360, minus the R/T package(its like a towing/conveience groupor something, Im notsure of the code). I mean if you really want to build a truck-build one. Again no offense extreme guys(or dakota guys)-but those trucks do kinda all look the same, unless they are substantially lowered with big wheels and stuff-I think you know what Im saying. My SS is slammed, big wheels, kustom paint, motor bolt ons, blah blah blah-but I wouldn't have it if I didnt need to haul sh-t. I still believe if your gonna have a truck-use it!

·
Registered
224 Posts
one more thing...

No offense to anyone, but unless you have some sort ofspecial edition, you won't live long enough to ever see it's(an f-body) value appreciate. They just build way too many of them to appreciate. Have fun with your car, or truck, or whatever. If you worry about resale-you missed the point.

·
Banned
236 Posts
I would buy the s-10 with the ZQ8 and the LS package, and wouldnot pay the extra 3 grand for the xtreme stuff, as people ahve said before there is way to many of them around, you really have to work to make it different, that is a main reason i bought the blazer, not as many and more comfortable in my opinion.
as for the engine, the mopar 360 is a POS, you can buy all the parts they make for them and they are still only a high 14 sec truck. the motors are not that strong and the transmissions are even worst. if you talk to any of the R/T guys ost of them dont run a shift kit because the trans cant hold up. The 4.3 is very responsive the bolt ons, and a litttle head porting can go along way, along with a cam swap, the newer cams are very small. you can buy all the bolt ons and have a mid to high 13 sec s-10 or a stuck in the 14's R/T. The R/T is the better looking truck in my opinion, but the powertrains suck, so take this info and use it wisely my son.

Mike

·
Registered
35 Posts
i'm debating the same thing right now, exept i'm stuck between the 4.7 dodge, the r/t, the s10, and the tacoma s-runner, i plan on putting a stereo in it but i also plan on putting some performace things on it. can anyone give me any reasons why they'd prefer one or the other?

·
Camaro Owner, S10 Lover.
148 Posts
holtsch said:
i'm debating the same thing right now, exept i'm stuck between the 4.7 dodge, the r/t, the s10, and the tacoma s-runner, i plan on putting a stereo in it but i also plan on putting some performace things on it. can anyone give me any reasons why they'd prefer one or the other?
Dodge - 4.7L = great motor. 5 HP less than R/T, and 50 TQ less. But, way better gas mileage. To get a nice reg cab, short box, 4x2, fully loaded = hard to get. Great truck my best friend has one.

R/T = great truck, if you dont care about gas. 350 TQ STOCK = GODLY! (LS1 territory)

S10 - If you are going to deck it out. Get a ZQ8 and go from there. To many Xtremes now days.

Toyota, none of that rice 'hauler crap for me. Say no!

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
R/T=Redneck/Truck!!

and I don't care what anyone says...I spanked R/T's when my X was STOCK....so I call BS on the "depends on how much money you want to spend" statement...I personally can't stand dodge products they have to many problems for me. especially brake problems.:mad: HELL NO to DODGE DAKOTA R/T'S!!! :evilg: :evilg: :bash:

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
And I agree with everyone...buy a s10 ZQ8 then go from there..hell you could even do a reg s10. There are just to many X's out there...That is one reason mine is forsale...Cuz I want something different. when I bought my X..there wasn't one in town...Now there are like 4 or 5 X's and most of them are black like mine...now in a town of 18k people..thats alot. and every one of them think they own a custom truck when the are completely stock. all of them but mine..lol...

·
Registered
224 Posts
True

The Extreme guys around here always act like they have a damn kustom, and the rest of them think they are driving a damn rocket. Buy whatever you want- I don't think you ever really mentioned what you would want to do with the trck(as far as building it goes) A z-q8 is a great truck, and a dakota is nice-but is WAY overpriced forwhat it is-and I don't care how "fast" they are. A truck that costs that much and runs 15's is a jip. you can buy a damn full size GM(twice the truck of any of them) for what the Dakota costs. Im not bashing Chrysler, asI think the Dakota ispretty kool looking, and they handle ok(not as good as a z-q8) and are somewhat quick I guess(lame for a v-8 though)but they do have a shi-ty interior(A problem that has plagued dodge trucks forever). Just buy something so this thread can go away!!!!lol

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
Re: True

ARCdidit said:
The Extreme guys around here always act like they have a damn kustom, and the rest of them think they are driving a damn rocket.
THAT IS SO TRUE...lol...right now I have one of the fastest s10 in town and and one of the nicest as well...I know that the s10's are slow. but damn they are fun to drive. atleast mine fits alittle in both the kustom and rocket category...well atleast I like to think so.

LMAO...damn thats funny..."driving a damn rocket" LMFAO!!!:D :evilg: all this time, I knew if it had wings it would fly!!..:eek:

·
Registered
224 Posts
hahaha

yeah, my truck is fun to drive, and they run alright for what they are- I just think it's funny when dumbasses think they are just driving a f-cking racecar(just like import guys), when in fact they wouldn't know fast if it bit them on the ass. You know what I'm saying...lol

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
umm r/t with a 150 shot running 12.80s with all bolt ons including a stall and manifold and head work.

my s10 ran [email protected] on a 75 shot i have no stall no head work etc.

id get a s10 because you will pay less and for the price difference between the two you can have a built 4.3 to smoke a r/t. just my opinion. i just like the idea when you have a v6 beating v8s at the street races

tony

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
If I had to do it all over again, I would've bought an S-runner....

V6 5 spd base model brand new....13,000 with AC and all that

for 23,000 you can have the TRD bodykit, suspension, supercharger, and full exhaust that brings the truck into the high 14's, right on the heels of the lightning

HUH!! Didn't even know this truck existed when I bought the S-10

Caleb

·
Registered
224 Posts
hmmmm

i dont care how fast it is, they are ugly, and it'd still have that smashed in the face ricer look. And the one I saw still only ran 15.1

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
Dude, S-runners look like a smaller sonoma......

I think they look better than 99% of the vehicles on the road, and thats a much better value than an S-10 when you think about it, and I'd much rather have one of those than my 2.2......and if I had to choose between that and a V6 S-10, my vote would now be toyota

Caleb

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
And if the S-runner "only" ran a 15.1, thats still from the factory, and thats still right on the heels of the lightning, and thats still more truck for less than a V6 S-10!!

LOL

Caleb

1 - 20 of 49 Posts