S-10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I looked over the rear gear section that gave codes went down the street to see what gears the blazer I want parts of of had and this was typed in the dash H04 - 4.11 rear Rat.
What the fock does that mean did I just miss somethin' on the stiky or what???

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it is an s-10 blazer and I couldn't find 4.11 gears on the sticky I wasn't sure if I was looking at something wrong or if they did send out a few with 4.11 along with 4.10

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
and I didn't see the code for limited slip. I might of missed it but I thought all or almost all 4wd's had limited rear ends that was the main reason I was looking at this rear end was to get both wheels spinning off the line

·
Registered
619 Posts
you dont want factory limited slip.....its better in snow than a one-tire-frier but on hard pavement it will bang in and out so fast it will wish you had a one wheel wonder again..... the newer limited slips are alot better....... pluss the older ones were weak and tended to blow apart.... mine hasn't though....fortunatly

·
zippy
733 Posts
H04 is the code for the 4.11's used in the old t- trucks and utilities. that's just what they used in them before the 4.10 was decided the preferred stronger gear.

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
G80 is the code for posi's i believe. as far as i know, ZR2's and ZQ8's come stock with a posi. a normal 4x4, that was probably an option. and i think 4.11's are ford gears.

·
zippy
733 Posts
ZQ8's did not come standard with the locking differential and early ZR2's didn't either. as for the 4.11's, they were actually used. i believe it was a 37/9 count on the gear which was replaced by the stronger 4.10 ratio later with 41/10.

·
12,507 Posts
my 1995 ZR2 had a posi. first year they were made.

·
zippy
733 Posts
the locking differential in a 95 ZR2 was optional though. i've actually worked on a couple that didn't have that option. pretty useless of an off-road package to not have it standard. i believe it was 98 or 99 when it became standard/required.

·
12,507 Posts
yeah, that is pretty stupid, but the 2004 2wd ZR2 models are worse...

·
12,507 Posts
i think its an option for the 2003 ZR2s. just like the Ranger FX4 2wd model.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts