S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Treadwear Waste'n Member
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So heres the short version. I had a 96 4banger, 3/4, tunnau, 17's... yatta yatta. It was almost ready for a triple stage orange pearl paintjob when I got rearended. During the repair, I came across this truck. some guy on a testdrive backed into something and the dealership took the ins. check and sent the truck to auction instead of fixing it..... so I bought it :D It was bone stock, and had 46k on it. I'm the 2nd owner

at any rate heres the process....

This is what it looked like when I bought it :(

Attachments

·
Treadwear Waste'n Member
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Heres the stripe that came on the truck. It was an original option

Attachments

·
Treadwear Waste'n Member
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I welded in a GM rollpan, Looks pretty sweet. Especially cause i don't like the rest of the aftermarket ones where the plate hangs down.

Attachments

·
Treadwear Waste'n Member
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I forgot the camera the day I painted it..... But here it is after the bed was put back on.. WOOOOHOOOO!!! ITS BLACK!

Attachments

·
Treadwear Waste'n Member
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its on jackstands cause I'm puttin new tires on it... Kinda hard to see, but I love the rollpan. Really cleans up the truck

Attachments

·
Treadwear Waste'n Member
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And heres the last pic.. I still have to cut and buff the truck to make it extra slick.
The mods are.
Welded GM rollpan
Shaved antenna
Goodmark cowl hood
Blazer composite light conversion.

Its only been painted for a couple of days, and I already have plans, which include a flip kit, a flush tunnau (sp?), graphics over the hood, tunnau and tailgate.. and a couple of other tricks I want to keep secret:evilg: It's gunna be sweet. Plus its going to be laid out and tuckin 18's when I sell the 96 :D Just wait fellas..

So what do you think?

Attachments

·
Treadwear Waste'n Member
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nah, I had a car with shaved handles before... it got on my nerves.

I'll take some outdoor pics tomorrow (I didn't have wheels today). I have to "break in" the new BFG's anyway:evilg: I'm still waitin for some stuff to drop it 3/4 untill I bag it.

·
Sinatra Lives!
1,463 Posts
AnotherSS said:
I'm comin out of the boooooooth!!!
Well, I already heard that one today, you unoriginal bassturd, go suck a caulk you piece of phukkking repeatin' shiote!

Hehe, nice truck BTW, who'd you have paint it? It sounds like you might have done it yourself...

·
Treadwear Waste'n Member
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My dad owns a Maaco, so I get to use the shop, and I get PPG stuff for cheap:D Even the expensive stuff (nothin but the best for my baby!)

I painted some of the misc. parts, but the cab and bed were sprayed be one of the managers at the shop. I don't trust myself enough to paint my own car yet:rolleyes: I'm going to spray the graphics myself though.

I did the prep work though, plus a little bodywork. And tomorrow I'm going to start sanding and buffing it to make it look real slick.

·
Hardcore 1st Gen'r
2,869 Posts
Re: Re: I'm comin out of the boooooooth!!!

Ruddigger said:

Well, I already heard that one today, you unoriginal bassturd, go suck a caulk you piece of phukkking repeatin' shiote!

Hehe, nice truck BTW, who'd you have paint it? It sounds like you might have done it yourself...
tollbooth willy kickin some ***$:D truck looks great, love the front end and the rollpan is sweet.

·
For Sale
190 Posts
yay!

Nice photshopin work there with your truck..
hehe !!:drinkhaha
its looking Saaaweeet.. good workins

·
Treadwear Waste'n Member
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the comments guys.

I forgot to say that I also put on CalVu's and welded the license plate holes too:bash: :p

1 - 20 of 20 Posts