S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I hate my truck.
2,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased the Megellan Maestro 4000 GPS and am trying to lode the given software. When I go about it before anything can load a window appreas and says

"The installshield engine (ikernel.exe) Could not be installed. The system can not find the file specified."

I tried searching google and the likes, however I cannot find a remedy. Can any one give me some insight on how I can correct this? I would really like to use my GPS to its full capability. But I cant load the software. Also I just received my free Vista upgrade, would installing this correct my problem?

·
Hates 'know-it-alls'
26,065 Posts
bring up your task manager, click on processes, and look to see if you can find the ikernel.exe in the list. If it's there, then click on it, and then end process, and then yes when the warning window pops up.

retry and see if it will install the software now, if not redo above. Then go to C:>program files>common files>installshield>engine Right click on the engine directory and select delete. Then go HERE and install the latest version of the ikernel engine.

·
I hate my truck.
2,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sadly that did not work.

·
Bovine on NOS!!
1,231 Posts
Sadly that did not work.

Maybe the software that came with your unit is out of date...check the manufactures website for a update to the software.....
Good Luck...:)

·
I hate my truck.
2,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe the software that came with your unit is out of date...check the manufactures website for a update to the software.....
Good Luck...:)
Tried that as well. Its a problem with my computer its self. I should be putting vista on tomorrow so hopefully that will cure the problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tried that as well. Its a problem with my computer its self. I should be putting vista on tomorrow so hopefully that will cure the problem.
...I have Vista and the same problem with Magellan, did you ever get this to work? Please let me know the solution if you have, I have tried everything.
Thanks!

·
I hate my truck.
2,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Still running xp, and the error fixed its self when windows did and update.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts