S-10 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Resident Mechanic
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
could someone please look at this and tell me if this would work with my truck and where to get the wiring harness for it i wanted to get it instead of the digital6 plus i am about to order my NX bottle

·
Registered
96 Posts
For an ignition system, I would recommend any MSD you think would suit your taste, and get the NX F.R.E.D. Progressive controller, and the NX TPS. That would be one of the best setups to go with. Just a thought though, not trying to sell you on anything. :) (This is the way we are doing it on our vehicle)

James

·
Resident Mechanic
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea but this one has the retard, rev liumiter, AND a window switch built in to it and is less than the msd digital 6 i just dont have the money for that one right now i just wanna find out if this one will hook up to my truck and where to get the wiring harness to do so

·
I'd Rather be Blown than Injected
251 Posts
The box says CD ign. You need to find out if it will work with your
electronics:rolleyes: I prefer MSD units. Have been using them
for many years and no PROBS :D

·
Resident Mechanic
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok lets pretend that msd does not exist for a minute i seen a site where a guy had a 99 s10 and was usin this exact ignition so somehow it would work

·
Resident Mechanic
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so what happen if it dont work? can it hurt anything

·
Registered
96 Posts
This is what I have been telling everyone:

If you KNOW something works, and you dont have the facilities, the tools or the money to investigate (or develop) other ways....Dont change what is known! If you know it works, use it! Dont JUST get something else because it is different or because "everyone already has it". If everyone has it, its probably because it is good.

MSD is used by more racers than ANY other ignition. We use it on every single one of our race vehicles (and marine applications also).

I know most of you want to figure out new and better ways, while saving money. But just dont get mad if it doesnt work the way you want it to. Thats part of developing. Some people get lucky, some dont.

BTW Fast98SS- If you do hook it up wrong, yes you do run the risk of frying some expensive electrical parts. (I know this for a fact!)

·
Resident Mechanic
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well r yal a msd dealer? if so how much for the digital6a box and harness?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Rhino said:

I dunno are you guys an MSD dealer..??? I'd be interested in knowing..

Yes we are.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Rhino said:
Jimmy I didn't want you to think I was knocking the FRED system, I like what I have heard about it a lot, and I plan on getting it, just not right away,...

I dunno are you guys an MSD dealer..??? I'd be interested in knowing..
I wasnt really posting that response towards the FRED system. It had to do more with the ignition questions. I just wanted to let everyone know that you get what you pay for. And MSD is some good stuff.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Rhino said:
I don't know about MACH's price, but summit has them for 279. +shipping...

Bill may be able to do something for ya..
I believe they are the same thru us, but from what I remember, summit gets you on the shipping, unless you do 7-10 day UPS.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts