S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 195 Posts

·
BMW Parts Dept.
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been personally f*cked by turbos-10.com, and I slowly rebuilt the kit myself. To say the least I've been more than satisfied with the results. And to not step on Dave's feet (turbos-10.com), even though on a personal note you can take a long trip to hell for f*ing with me Dave, I have to decided to reroute the pipes in association with Vanishing Point Racing (Lansdale, Pa) and Savage Automotive Technologies (Philadelphia, Pa) to provide a turbo-kit that is very reliable. I hope to provide a kit with all mandrel bent piping, a new coating process stronger then Jet-coating, complete computer retuning, and a replacement for your entire fuel system. My goal is to make $200 profit on every kit. It's gonna be alot of work but I'm gonna do everything I can to keep the kit at or around 2 g's. There has been to many promises, too many hopes for alot of us so far, and too many people that have promised us things that we never saw. Forget all of them. If at least 10 people show me interest and believe in my thoughts, I'll personally invest a good bit of money to make this work. I'm not asking for any money upfront at all, let me show you results, pics, timeslips and so on first. Let me know if I have any of your support. I can keep going with all that I have learned just too make my truck faster, but I would love to see a boat load of turbos-10's running' around that could smoke alot of sh*t on the road. If you stick with me I WILL NOT let you down. Nothing will be sent, produced, or fabricated that is not of the highest quality. All parts will be professionally welded and coated. Detailed installation instructions will be provided. And after dealing with the aftermarket world for years I'm out to make your experience different than any other you've ever had. We all deserve something that is of professional quality, reasonably priced, and from someone we can trust and rely on. Something that will turn heads and keep attention pointed at your truck. My objective is to have you a kit ready to install within a week of your purchase date. Help me help all of you. Show support and you will not be disappointed.

-Sean McFarland
(Y'all name the company)

·
Do I need a gas mask?!
5,780 Posts
dang dude... thats a sales pitch! I like... I hope you get the support you need man! But, Words say, only so much, SO SHOW US SOME PICS!! :thumbup:

·
Rollin on 17's
8 Posts
i'd be interested in a decent turbo kit

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
I'd be interested in AT LEAST a manifold if you guys make it.....maybe some other components/piping.

Caleb

·
Registered
585 Posts
on a side note, i'm from harleysville. about 5 mins from lansdale. cruise around their all the time. wheres vanishing point at anyways?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I personnally know Sean he is a stand up guy hes very nice and he drove 2 hours to help me with my turbo install. If he says he will do something I beleive him, that and he knows what hes talking about. It sounds like a good idea if I didn't already have a turbo I'd Buy one. Good luck Sean.

·
Pressurized 2.2 Member
3,233 Posts
Glad to see it coming. If ya need help Id offer any such as things like on my kit that you may want to use or improve on such as an extra for the all important brain storm.

·
BMW Parts Dept.
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Forget what I said about 10 people. I'm just looking to see how many people are 'interested' in taking the leap into the turbocharged world. I'll do my kit first and i'll find someone around here with a pre-98 2.2, so this kit will be open to all of us. Please note, I WILL NOT be making this kit in my garage. And you won't get your kit in a refrigerator box with all the parts wrapped in newspaper. I will show results, then we will take it from there. Gimme a month to get a business set-up here, and hopefully by the end of january I can start offering some products. I know you've all heard this before, but I'll keep everyone updated on the whole process. I'm headed over to Savage next week to see about retuning the stock computer, if it can be done I'm not sure, but their excited to give it a try. I'll be experimenting with a piggyback fuel manegment system later in the week if the stock computer retuning is a bust. Fuel delivery is my primary concern and I'd prefer not to offer a kit with an FMU as the only means of enrichment.

-Sean

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
wow, sounds great actually

Caleb

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Hey summer what do you mean Mach needs a new 2.2 project? What happened to your truck?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Is Turbo-S10.com or whatever, the same place that I was talking down about a few months ago when they came out with a turbo kit for your trucks with pressbent piping, a 1g BOV, a 14b, and a stock DSM SMIC? Just curious, as I remember getting reemed out for saying anything bad about a person trying to create a kit for the S10, if this is the same place I find it kinda highly ironic.

·
BMW Parts Dept.
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That would be the initial kit you are speaking of. Other than being one of the first to by the other kit, I have no assocation with turbos-10.com.

·
-------------------------
1,675 Posts
Now which political office were you running for? Cause you got my vote! j/k Can't wait to see how it turns out.

·
Registered
585 Posts
i'm in the area if you'd need any help with anything. i am real interested, just have to convince the wife that it's a necessity. lemme know if you need anything. i got some contacts for some stuff. i also work at a mezzanine manufacturing plant. i design stuff outta steel all day long, so if you'd need drawings i can do that.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I like this guy. Build our own turbos and keep it in the family. I really like this guy he uses frustration as motivation. Go for it dude. If you build i they will come I asure you. Talk is cheap it means nothing unless put into action. If you are serious then bring it on. You know how this forum is if you back out on your word they will eat you up. So bring on the boost and blowoff valves and disappointed faces of punks in "fast cars" . I wanna kick ass in my truck as does eveyone else on this board. Build it dude and it will be bought and if it is as high quality as you say it will be then many will buy it.

Rock on dude. :rock:

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
decent.......

I love that title.....99, if you want shoot me a PM, I'll offer my support anyway I can.

Caleb

·
BMW Parts Dept.
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Update already.....

Damn I work quick. My welder and myself are going in on a TIG welder (unless I run it by the shop manager at V.P.R., who will charge me as if I am a normal customer for his welders time) and a hydraulic pipe bender probably the week after christmas. I spoke with APEXi, for the piggyback fuel system, today and they will be getting back to me the beggining of next week about some inquirys I made. I have a supplier for stainless steel piping but I'm searching for a better price.

I made a couple calls reguarding getting patents which Dave (turbos-10.com) told me he was getting for the way he routed the pipes on his kits, after finding out that a patent such as that would cost between $5-8 thousand I've decided Dave did not take this step. Prove me wrong buddy and show me some patent #'s.

I'm putting an alarm and a power door lock on my truck tomarrow (not that any of you care about that), so my welder is gonna stop by at some point tomarrow and were gonna brainstorm about how were gonna do this turbo manifold. I have a couple ideas and he does as well. Theres no way to put a turbo directly on the manifold as far as I can tell but hell who knows. At least this kit will not be using the stock exhaust manifold even if the turbo's gonna be in a remote location.

-Sean

·
Registered
389 Posts
Sean, let me know if you need an accurate CAD file of the exhaust manifold flange profile. They can be laser or water jet processed for not too much. I paid $70 for both my exhaust manifold and turbo flange.

1 - 20 of 195 Posts