S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what will it do if i drive without power steering?

i have power steering but the friggin pump has a hole in the bottom of it so i can't keep fluid in it?

i heard it won't hurt it but i dun kno.........someone help me fast!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I dont think it would be a good idea to run it without fluid, i mean for one thing, thats why the fluid is in there to help lubricate the parts, if its not present then the parts are going to go bad, IMO.
On the other hand, if there is no other option then yes i would drive it, cause usually there is no other options for me...lol

·
YAY for Primer!
223 Posts
I drove my Camaro for 3 weeks without the power steering hooked up after my motor swap. I didnt have time to make brackets to hook it up so I ran a shorter belt. It wasnt bad except for manuvering at low speeds. It can be done, But pumps are easy to come by and not hard to install!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
B/S LoL i looked at the bolts for the pump (theres 2 that i found) and the bottom one is easy to get off but the top one is a b***** to get to! i know cuz i had to tighten that one up! but ooo well i can get one for 10 bucks so im going to swap in a new one this week hopefully

but yea i talked to a mechanic they said it would be ok and not to worry about it........they just stated that it would take some time to get used to it if i didn't replace it......but im going to soon....

ahhh well i need some bigger muscles in my arm.....LoL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts