S-10 Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve read these threads several times trying to figure out my truck so wanted to put this here. 98’ S-10 2.2l 5sp. Truck always started fine. The issue started with it randomly bogging down when I would give it throttle. Let off and idles fine but would sputter when I would give it any throttle and lose all power. I would get stuck at a light or intersection. It would fix itself occasionally but typically I would have to turn off the engine, wait for it to completely stop running, then restart it and it would be fine again. Then it began to run rough on cold mornings as though the choke wasn’t working. Sputter and struggle and the exhaust smelled terrible. Especially when it would randomly act up while driving. Chasing the problem I replaced (here we go) tps x2, idle air, maf, map, O2 sensors, exhaust from manifold back, both coil packs, ICM, cam positioning, crank positioning, fuel pressure regulator, fuel filter, fuel pump x2, plugs, wires, chased every single wire to make sure there was no short somewhere, all vacuum lines, sprayed starting fluid at intake checking for leaks and hopped on one foot screaming cuss words after dropping a brake rotor on it. Anyone figure out what I didn’t change yet? Yes, the EGR. It was intermittently working, partially. Replaced it and she runs perfectly again. I know there is talk about eliminating it but I don’t want to deal with computer issues so I just changed it. Over a year I worked at it. It’s finally good again. Thanks for all the help on this page. I’ve read post after post head in hand. You guys helped me keep my sanity. Thank you.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts