S-10 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys my 3rd idler arm (2nd moog brand) is going bad on me again & i know its a lifetime warranty part but im getting sick of replacing it already.

I guess what I would like to discuss is if there are any upgrades like the 1 ton idler arm that doesnt require welding? I can drill, cut, bend or whatever I just dont have a welder or have access to one. Im totally open to using ford or dodge pieces on my chevy so keep that in mind :haha:

I remember a super dooper idler arm thread like a year ago, but seems that went to the crapper.

A good solution for this would be great & Im sure would solve alot of "loose steering" issues people have.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah thats what they say, thanks for the heads up but id rather not its still the same shitty design & their warranty is a shitty internet warranty good luck with that.

If I were to keep the stock style idler.... I already have a moog with lifetime/ nationwide warranty. Replacing that one yearly (hassle free) Vs. Replacing an internet warranty part every 2 yrs..... Ill go with the nationwide warranty. I dont have time to deal with internet companys ideas of "warranty's"... you know... truck breaks... take part off... mail it in on your dime...wait...wait...wait...wait.....get a new one back*maybe ... put it on.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
go SAS, i cant stand s-series ifs parts i bought a $125.99 idler arm and in 3 months it was squeaking and had some play in it, i agree with your choice to go sas

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.