S-10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the proud ownwer of a Truck; The engine is a Chevy 2.2 ,5 speed manual transmission,extended cab,fire engine red and with some extra features. Having said that; it is sold as an Isuzu but is a chevy S-10 any way you look at it. I can not find any Japanese modification or presence except for the name Isuzu. The salesman that sold it to me assured me that it was a Chevy truck S-10 series. I bought it for just over $9500.oo with 28000 miles and almost perfect outside and in. So...Where do I belong?
Chevy owns 33% of Isuzu and it seems that Isuzu likes the idea of the S-10 with the Isuzu logo and marketing under the Hombre model.The grill is the only variation with the Original S-10. I trully love the truck and I look forward to many years of use and support from other truck riders. Did I mention it has very nice wheels?! VERY NICE!!

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
Well post a pic or two of it! You are correct in that is a Chevy. The front quarter pannels are also diffrent I believe. But that is all.

Welcome to the board enjoy!:D

What year is it?

·
Paint Needing Mofo
639 Posts
Welcome to the board! We could use more 2.2 people on here... :D

btw... the grille isn't the only variation... my neighbor has one, the fender lips are smaller on the hombre. You can't really tell unless they are parked next to each other though. :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm Home! Tanks!!

Thank you for making me feel at home! You all sound very supportive. I have had 5 Chevys previous to this one. From a 1978 4.1 camaro(12 miles per gallon and a bullet!) to a couple of Cavaliers 2.2 and 3.1 .

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm Home! Tanks!!

Thank you for making me feel at home! You all sound very supportive. I have had 5 Chevys previous to this one. From a 1978 4.1 camaro(12 miles per gallon and a bullet!) to a couple of Cavaliers 2.2 and 3.1 . My last Cavalier (1994 model) was traded for this truck. I was FED UP with it. After 7 alternators, one transmission,one water pump and 137,000 miles I felt it was time to go. I actually felt that way after my fith alternator. The air conditioner,was the only thig reliable about it. I am going to baby this Truck (1998 model) Any word on possible weakness of the engine,electrical or air conditioner I should know. On all my cars I have used Synthetic oils. Is this recomended for the S-10 engine or Dino oil is preffered. I will post pictures shortly today or tomorrow. I heard the 2.2 engine may not be as powerful but it is more reliable than the bigger engines. Is that also a rumor?
Finish STRONG!
Gil

·
Moving Violationz NE Member
354 Posts
WELCOME AND enjoy your stay

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is My TRUCK!

So.... Like I said, It does not look too japanese.
It runs VERY well and iy looks pretty darn good. Or so I think. In a couple of weeks I will start adding to the recomended extras to make it look better.Any Ideas on what to do? Fender Lip,Fog lights,Tinted windows(a must!) or sun roof. I am open for Ideas from seasoned owners.
Gil

Attachments

·
Paint Needing Mofo
639 Posts
Re: This is My TRUCK!

gil said:
So.... Like I said, It does not look too japanese.
It runs VERY well and iy looks pretty darn good. Or so I think. In a couple of weeks I will start adding to the recomended extras to make it look better.Any Ideas on what to do? Fender Lip,Fog lights,Tinted windows(a must!) or sun roof. I am open for Ideas from seasoned owners.
Gil
You could always do what i'm doing and save for wheels/tires... I'm so tired of seeing my same truck all over the road, i want it to be original!! of course i'm the only one i see/hear running the K&N Intake and Gibson catback exhaust... :D
I'm holding off tinting the windows.. mainly cuz i rarely drive around with my windows up, not to mention i wanna avoid being harassed by the fuzz for it.

·
proud stepsider
519 Posts
The first thing I would do is to have the front bumper and grille painted to match the rest of the truck. In my opinion it'll look sweet as hell if you do that, add some sport mirrors, a drop and some wheels. :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What is a K&N?What will it do? What other things are available?
When you mention Gibson I think of Peter Framptom's Guitar!
(boy;...Do I need professional help!)
Please, Do not make too much fun of me. My truck will be my new
toy since I had to give up motorcycles. This will be my source of education and information.

·
Paint Needing Mofo
639 Posts
gil said:
What is a K&N?What will it do? What other things are available?
When you mention Gibson I think of Peter Framptom's Guitar!
(boy;...Do I need professional help!)
Please, Do not make too much fun of me. My truck will be my new
toy since I had to give up motorcycles. This will be my source of education and information.
check out this thread... http://www.s10forum.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35 you'll see pics of the K&N Intake.. and a peek at the Gibson exhaust. they both free up some ponies and make throttle response a lot quicker... plus i'm now noticing better gas milage.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts