S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a pretty much stock 91 4.3 4x4 and I was looking at building it up. But my problem is I like off-roading but I still like speed and I want to make a decent balance between quick and strong to hold up to logging roads and mud holes but still handle good on the road.

·
94 4x4,01 Blazer
2001 Blazer 4dr 4wd LT
1,349 Posts
upgrade exhaust to 2.5 or 3 inch. Better tires- but not just mud lugs- handle like crap on pavement and the hum will be BAD.Do a complete check on all moving parts- grease and lube.Put together a GOOD offroad rescue bag- fluids(for you and truck)lights, straps, an Actual Tow strap/rope or chain. a come-along or mount a winch.And do not forget some general tools.If you are going to get into DEEP water or mud look into a Fording kit for air cleaner and a exhaust extension to prevent water ingestion.Exterior lights are a must if going out in the dark, as the hole or rock you DON"T see can put you in a bad place quick.

·
Been there Done it
9,967 Posts
But my problem is I like off-roading but I still like speed and I want to make a decent balance between quick and strong
Pretty much the same truck we've all been looking for. One that handles good on and off road. Rides like a yacht, handles like a sports car, can climb mountains with mud slides on the slopes, gets great fuel mileage, and isn't too expensive to buy or maintain.
I personally have been looking for 60 years. Resigned my self to getting 2 trucks. A 2wd and a 4wd to use as starting points. Even with the field now cut in half there are still compromises that have to be made.

Reactions: TomA
1 - 3 of 3 Posts