S-10 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Been there Done it
15,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried or looked into these adapters to use a BBC electric water pump on an LS in a S-10?
Pros? Cons?
I know you need to fork over some dough for a remote thermostat and some hoses and fittings.

Product Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Rim

·
Randy
967 Posts
That's interesting! The only drawback I see is front of the engine space. If you are oing a full sized truck and not doing a S10...

·
Registered
91 base=driver, 94 mid engine=build
226 Posts
Whats wrong with using a factory style pump?

I am running 12 feet of 1.5" radiatior hose plus extended heater hoses and extended surge tank hose using a trailblazer style gen 3 pump(-3 spacing).

It should be up to the task and if it dies I can go into a parts store and replace it that day or use the numbers below to buy one cheaper online.

Motor vehicle Font Auto part Automotive tire Automotive wheel system

·
Two tones of terror
827 Posts
Lmao that would not clear on 99% of the LS s10's in existence.

·
Two tones of terror
827 Posts
I have gotten so aggravated by the "shortness" of the engine bays in these trucks that on my next build I'm putting the radiator in the bed idc what I have to do to make it work. Maybe with an external electric pump to help move things.

·
Randy
967 Posts
As far as GM LS swaps, the S10 has to be the most difficult to do. Just remember It was never intended to have a V-8...

·
Been there Done it
15,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Or in the case of the Cavalier the LS4 pump which is completely different. Talk about short.
According to the guys on ls1tech they will work on any LS even an LS3.
Working with that tensioner spring in the lower corner below the alternator is tricky. I use a 3" hose clamp around the coil spring to compress it. It's in my box of home made one off tools.
Motor vehicle Automotive design Rim Automotive air manifold Motorcycle accessories

Some have even been put in Fiero's.
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive tire Car

Check out the transmission/starter adapter,
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood

But why not go whole hog
Car Wheel Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

·
Randy
967 Posts
I'm sure this Cavalier was just a tad more difficult....
You are correct!!! I was thinken RWD stuff. I will say the LS4 is the shortest LS engine out there. they pulled 13mm from the crank at the flywheel end and 10mm from the accessory drive end.
View attachment 367580 ]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts