S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Beauty of All Wheel Drive
44 Posts
here you go!

4.7K-Ohm Resistors, 1/2 watt, 5% tolerance They come in a package of 5.... The part number for them is 271-1124. That is how I found mine...I just went to the board they had all of the resistors hanging on and looked for that part number. If you cant find em' dont be afraid to ask the guy working! Then buy some good electrical tape, if you buy cheap stuff it will fall of b/c of the heat in your engine bay. Pop your hood, and disconnect your negative battery cable. Then just plug each end of the resistor into the sensor, wrap the resistor and the sensor in electrical tape to keep it from shorting out and then tape over the hole where the sensor used to plug in to keep any dirt out. Tuck the IAT sensor away somewhere that it wont be hurt by heat, reconnect your negative battery cable and you are done!

John

·
Un-Blown Fake ZQ8
3,401 Posts
Cool.. This makes my truck run stronger like it does before it warms up? Any ill effects using PP3 engine tuning mods w/ 160* stat? Thanks for any advice.

Charlie

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
No it wont make it run stronger like the engine does before it warms up. The thermostat will. And depending on actual outside air temps the IAT thingy will hurt you more than help. See what it does is give the computer a false reading that its cold and the air is dense, so it adds more fuel. The 02 sensors picks up the fact that now its running rich because the outside air density cant support the new amount of fuel. Anything you try to do to the fuel part of the mix is always caught by the 02 sensor and also any mod that takes the motor to far out of the original emissions level are caught also by the 02 sensors and readjusted. Also a rich motor WILL NOT make any more horse power, it'll make less. Ask anybody who races. You want the motor to be leaner to make the most power. For your knowledge the reason that ADS and Jet 2 modules can do more than the HPP styles is the fact there in the input side of the computer giving the computer its own data and intercepting the real data given by the sensors the HPP styles dont so when they go to far the o2 sensor picks up on this and adjusts, so they just change the program enough that its not out of the perameters of the sensing equiptment, rather on the upper edge of it. You can do a resistor thing to the 02 sensor to, that'll keep them out of the loop and catching what your up to!

·
General L33
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes, just pull the connector off of the sensor, place each lead of the resistor into the connector contacts, then secure the resistor. I bent the resistor back against the clasp for the connector and put a small wire tie around the resistor body and the clasp.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts