S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
500? 88 & 38 all the way!
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wouldn't it be sweet to put a new 4.2L straight 6 in an s-series! Anyone know how feasible it is? I'd love to once I get some cash. I say screw the 4.3, I want a Straight 6!!!

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
Not gonna happen unless you want to extend the front of your truck out a bit. or loose your firewall. Anythings possable but worth it when ya could get a v8 and have alot less work.

·
Registered
201 Posts
It would be a sqeeze. I'm pretty sure that the I6 is longer than a small block. And probably taller. Considering that the 4.3 is very similar to a small block, why not use one? I6 is a good idea just not as cost effective. Especially since you would almost have to buy a new engine. I can't see very many totaled trailblazers at the junkyard with good engines in them.

You can get a LT1 out of a junked camaro with the tranny for less than you would get the new I6 engine for.

·
500? 88 & 38 all the way!
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, wasn't sure if it would work or not. Theoretically it would be awesome, maybe I'll just wait and hope they bring out that ZZ4.3 or get a V8, when I actually get some cash of course.

Thanks guys, Jamie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts