S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
This is doo doo baby!
10,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had to write this essay for school using a quote that you wanted
here is the introduction, i wont post up the rest since its just rambling about random shit :haha:

"We have become part of something much more complicated than you or I will ever fully comprehend. We build more than just trucks... we build friendships, we build futures, we build our dreams. We drive our trucks low and hold our heads high because we have an unwritten and unspoken agreement that we will live life to the fullest and never fall victim to 'the norm'. Others laugh at us when we spend hours on end working on our trucks, yet shake our hands when we are done."
-Wyatt Strange

The warm, sunny day seemed to have an almost tangible consistency to it as it flowed through the open window and winded its way through the cab searching for an exit. The only sounds that could be heard were the high-pitched whistling of the wind and the rotation of the tires on the seemingly never-ending pavement. Just as it seemed that the road would truly go on into the horizon and eventually fall off the face of the earth, the sound of pavement was no longer audible as we made the smooth transition to a carpet of full green grass. We quickly found an empty spot in the pristine field and applied the parking break and turned off the engine. Then, with a flick of a switch, a swoosh was heard from underneath the truck as the air frantically tried to escape the confinement of its rubber prison. The truck dropped abruptly in an almost freefall in the short trip it had to the ground. The fall was impeded by the soft grass and gently lowered the body to its final resting place firmly on the earth. With the click of a button the suicide doors unlatched then opened with a graceful whir. I slid out of the cab and into the early morning light, no great feat since the ground was only inches from where I was sitting just moments ago. I shaded my eyes from the ever-present sun as I scanned the grounds taking in the scene. I took a deep breath and inhaled the intoxicating scent of gasoline, polish, and leather. And the sounds, from the quiet idle of a four cylinder to the guttural roar of a 454 expelled through a pair of 4” side pipes. But here in this realm of chrome and body drops my vision-reined supreme. The entire field was overflowing with trucks of all shapes and classes. From the backyard custom, a vehicular work of art made purely by the determined individual who with only his tools and mechanical prowess could he complete such a thing. To the eye-catching chop shop one-off made using only the best materials and most recent technologies. Yes, this is what I truly enjoy.

·
355 member
13,485 Posts
I like the quote. the writing was good I guess. I'm no Mark Twain though

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I hate writing essays, i usually can get a good page and a half, (with the MLA format) then i just have to b/s the rest and i usually get a good grade on it somehow (knocks on wood) but the essay looks good to me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts