S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My plans...

A full forged bottom end including 8.5:1 compression speed pro pistons with forged rods and rings. Block may be bored over a bit but not sure. Head will be port and polished with new vlaves not sure what size yet havent heard from the machine shop yet on what size they will do. Intake will be ported all around not just the inlet. TB will be ported out to 56mm. Pair this with machs turbo kit and maybe a 75 shot of juice and my friend you have 12s...... hopefully.

·
Always Dreamin Big
2,300 Posts
Better figure out how to get traction off the line, and drop every extra ounce of weight you can. Then you will get closer. I don't envision 12's unless you can get the motor to withstand 16+ psi and the nitrous system.

I think it's pretty cool you want to do all this, but it is going to cost a LOT. Where do you plan on getting the money for it? (I see you are pretty young).

·
WHAAAh?
1,424 Posts
Yeah, go on with your bad self.......14s are possible......12s......hhhhmmmmmm nah!! I won't hate though......I want to see you do this.......

Nate

·
Registered
35 Posts
Pretty respectible though. I don't think people realize how quick 12 seconds in a quater mile actually is. There aren't a lot of cars that do that and are driven on the street regularly. 14 seconds aint too shabby. You are in v8 territory there. Keep in mind too, as someone else mentioned, traction is a huge enemy in a truck. You gotta get the wheels to stick if you want to run that fast or you'll lose it at the line.

I admire you turbo guys out there. Personally, I am going to do a v8 swap, but not the redneck "drop a 350/TH350 in that there truck" swap. I'm going fuel injected smog legal all gauges work factory reliability 6 gears. I'm amassing the parts SLOWLY as I am probably not going to do this for at least 4 years (gotta let the warrenty run out and finish college.) Gives me plenty of time to sort it all out. As an electrical engineer, I should be able to handle the EFI wiring and the like. But the turbo setups are really cool.

·
Do I need a gas mask?!
5,780 Posts
yeah, 14s are a good goal for these 2.2's rigth now, but this will turn into a 4 paged hate thread in about a week since these topics are up here all of the time...

HATE HATE HATE!! :) j/k

·
WHAAAh?
1,424 Posts
Heh heh heh.....yeah it will turn into a hate thread only if you allow it too there mustard........its funny.......but you always seem to be involved in those......:)j/k.......but as you have said before......TC 4, SC6, or V8......its all a quest for the same thing......speed......

Nate

·
New To The Game. . .
250 Posts
Good luck I tried to never got into 12s low 13s was a hard challenge alot of work $ and dyno runs to tune everything. And now you know what I have to show for it. . . nothing sold the truck to begin another route. 6000 will get you into the 13s including suspension engine electronics and I hope you have a freind thats a good mechanic and has his own shop or you are going to be better off buying a faster truck.

·
Know it all *******
245 Posts
Well it better be an all out race truck, cause if you want to go fast, it can't be a daily driver.

Dave

God I sound like my father.

·
Do I need a gas mask?!
5,780 Posts
yeah I know... its jsut funny when a bunch of different types of people that end up with a 2.2, and then thewy want a fast truck after they have it. Some say displacement, some say"hey i will be different and beef up my 4 banger and suprise the v-8 guys" which, thats not a surprise anymore, and some say i got my truck for cheap and it will be slow until i buy another vehicle... ME!!!!

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
cranking it out to a 2.4L is a pain in the ass, might as well swap in a v-8 for all the $ you will spend in machining and parts, and a 2.4L DOHC cavalier engine is only putting out 150HP, so i think we would have trouble even getting close to that.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I really don' t think you can go any larger with the intake valves, they're right at the edge of the combustion chamber as it is.

12's? If you bump up the psi on the turbo and with all that other stuff? I could believe 12's. They may be mid to high 12's but still in the 12's I don't think would be out of the question. On the other hand, I don't know if I'd waste that much
$$$ in pursuit of it. You talk like you've got a bottmless checking account or something.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts