S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
9~Deuce
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What drives a 35+ year old Network Engineer with a family to rip off a 22 year old getting though college scrounging up money to fix up his truck?

I was ripped off by the active member 'rlith' on this board. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM HIM!

I attempted to purchase a 2nd gen center console from him in July. I paid $85 through PayPal...

Payment Sent (ID #70F62332S8818430U)

Name:
E Lithgow (The recipient of this payment is Verified)
Email:
[email protected]

Total Amount:
-$85.00 USD

Date:
Jul. 13, 2003

Subject:
Nyte's payment for center console...
Note:
Let me know when you ship it and if you have a tracking number. Package it carefully! -Nyte

Funding Type:
PayPal Funds
Funding Source:
$85.00 USD - PayPal Account

When I finally realized I wasn't going to get my center console I requested my money back from him and when that was ignored I put in a PayPal complaint. It was all too late...

Complaint Details

Transaction ID:
#70F62332S8818430U
Seller Name:
E Lithgow
Seller Email:
[email protected]
Transaction Amount:
-$85.00 USD
Transaction Date:
Jul. 13, 2003

Date of Complaint:
Aug. 25, 2003
Case Closed
Status Details:
As stated in the PayPal User Agreement, PayPal will only investigate complaints filed within 30 days of the original transaction date. The original transaction date was Jul. 13, 2003 and your complaint was not filed until Aug. 25, 2003. Therefore, this case has been closed.

The seller has been notified of your complaint and encouraged to work with you towards an amicable resolution.

PayPal's finest work.

So to this day I send rlith a payment reminder to get my money back at least once a week along with private messages and emails... all ignored... never a response. I gave him several chances to refund my money and now I just want to make sure no one gets ripped off by him again.

A$$hole.

·
HUHH
751 Posts
if u take it to the police i know it sounds ghey, but some people have taken it that far an can provide all the recipts from paypal an stuff mail fraud is a serious crime,you can sue his ass for way more than 85 bucks or lock him up for a while an let him think about what he did, i hate when stupid people try to do that shit

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Sorry to hear that you got screwed by this guy.I`ll make sure I avoid buying from him.
I take it you never got any private info on him since you paid via paypal or?
Adrress,phone anything outsid eof his forum name.

Later!

·
Xtreme Dreams..
1,939 Posts
Check Ebay.... IF he is a buyer on ebay look up his history. Find out if he bought anything from anybody and see if they will give you his contact info... Tell them he ripped you off, most sellers are willing to help people. You can look up his ebay user account with just his Email...

·
9~Deuce
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SlammedBlazer said:
if u take it to the police i know it sounds ghey, but some people have taken it that far an can provide all the recipts from paypal an stuff mail fraud is a serious crime,you can sue his ass for way more than 85 bucks or lock him up for a while an let him think about what he did, i hate when stupid people try to do that shit
Yeah thanks. I'll look into that.

·
9~Deuce
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
99xtreme said:
Check Ebay.... IF he is a buyer on ebay look up his history. Find out if he bought anything from anybody and see if they will give you his contact info... Tell them he ripped you off, most sellers are willing to help people. You can look up his ebay user account with just his Email...
I doubt anyone will give out information like that but we'll see.

·
9~Deuce
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
9~Deuce
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
From BlazinLow.com...

Bangin' Blazer said:
ill give my input. on another board im on, the admin recently banned a member who ripped someone off. he didnt just do it b/c someone said they were ripped off, he actually investigated it a bit and concluded it was indeed a scam(the member was a well known regular too). i think mods and admins should consider this. there is no reason to have scammers on a respected board.
Here is the thread that I found out he was selling the console on...

http://www.s10forum.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47942

Date of posting the console for sale ... 07-03-2003

Date of PayPal transaction... 07-13-2003

·
Gargling with doody juice
1,035 Posts
can you fill out a dispute for it at your bank? or wherever you have your credit card from? then again, with it being july... i'd say you're SOL. sorry buddy.

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
I see him at truck meets some times I will be shure to bring this up!!!!

·
9~Deuce
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
djdaudio said:
I see him at truck meets some times I will be shure to bring this up!!!!
Please do!

People are telling me and posting that he is responding to their PMs and emails about this but he is still ignoring all of mine.

·
The Dave Inc.
11,720 Posts
look at the shit he is sayin on that blazinlow thread....someone on that site should copy and paste it all and link them to this thread and make a big post to embarass his ass

·
9~Deuce
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
xxosiris9xx said:
look at the shit he is sayin on that blazinlow thread

From http://www.blazinlow.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15445 .....

Originally posted by rlith
I think you got ripped off man...:/ He won't even answer you in the forums... People like that need to be hunted down and killed...
Originally posted by rlith
And he bitched at me for saying I got almost the same wheel for 30 bux (tried to rip me a new asshole) Then he turns around and farked you! Wow, I say if you have his address, go on a road trip with a buddy...:p

·
Low Standards Motorsports
461 Posts
I've talked to the guy a few times, didn't seem the type to do this... I'll remind him next time I talk to him, seeing as you're a local to me.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts