S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm new to airbag suspension and body dropping. I'm not really sure what exactly body dropping is. I have a 98 S-10, I wanna lay frame with 18's up front and 20's in the rear. I just want a basic setup; f,b,s,s. I want to know if body dropping would be necessary, would I have to cut out the inner fender wells, and would the firewall have to be tubbed. Also I was wondering if Air Rides Road grater system could be used in the rear. I've got $2500 right now how far would that go. And one last thing, would a s10 laying frame on 18's and 20's be a practical daily driver. Any pics would be great. Thanks for any help. :bag: :bag: :bag: :bag:

·
Registered
83 Posts
a body drop, like the name might imply, is when you simply drop the body. So if you lay frame and there is still a couple of inches before the cab or bed touch the ground, you lower the body. Think of is as a really expensive cut and paste.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Aight, thats what I basically figured it was but wasn't sure, the pics explain alot. So is that the only way that my truck would sit that low?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How high from the ground would my S-10 be without a body drop and the roadgrater system in the rear and Air rides Tubular control arms and a set of 2" dropped spindles up front

·
Say lowered d
1,349 Posts
mus2t2bj said:
Aight, thats what I basically figured it was but wasn't sure, the pics explain alot. So is that the only way that my truck would sit that low?
Yes. To sit that low, you will have to do a body drop of some sort.

Welcome to the forum by the way!

·
Say lowered d
1,349 Posts
mus2t2bj said:
How high from the ground would my S-10 be without a body drop and the roadgrater system in the rear and Air rides Tubular control arms and a set of 2" dropped spindles up front
How high would the body be? Or the frame?

The Roadgrater claims to lay frame on 20's, i suppose depending on tire size....as for the arms and spindles, I couldnt tell you that.

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
mus2t2bj said:
It will be this high off the ground. It's layin frame hard.

Those are 17s too. With 18s up front you may have to pull the inner fenders unless you use a very small tire.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Alright thanks for the information. And what did the whole set up cost you if you dont mind me asking?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Does anyone know if I would have to cut the innerfender or tub the firewall with 18's up front and Air rides Tubular control arms and a set of 2" dropped spindles?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts