S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok up front I have 1/4" port shockwaves and in the back I am going to have F9000 Sleeve Air Bags. 1/4" port. With that said I want what would be best to speed things up like 1/2 line or 1/2 valves or 3/8 valves SMC or any brand whatever you think is best and where to get it for a good price. Also I have a (2) 1/4" port 5 gal tank will that be fast ? if I put one front and one back on each port? Thanks for the info, I just want this to be fast and soon.

Last anyone have the F9000? any good? and is $60 a good price?

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
ok... so if you have 4 ports total, and you wanna hook all the bags up to the 4 ports... where will your compressors and pressure switch go?? How will you link the tanks (which i suggest you do)?? All this has to be taken into account.

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok I only have on 5 gal tank with 2 1/4" ports ( I said it wrong before), This is what I was going to try to do. This way when I lift just the front or the back the valves will have a 1/4" port all to there own. will this work? or will a new 5 gal with 8 ports be better?
There will be alot of "T" fittings

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
defiently get one new tank so that each wheel and everything will have its own port, plus the port are 1/2" then piggy back the second tank you have now to it.

and plus like i told you before i still have those 1/4" port to 1/2" line fittings from larry, if you would want them.

and as for the tires, like we talked about, if you go to a 40 series tire instead of the 45's you have now.

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
One reason that wouldn't work as well, is your compressor would always be kicking on, cuz when u decide to air up one of the bags on same line as the compressor, it pulls air from the line that the compressor is on as well, and when it gets low enough, the pressure switch will kick on. For example, if you have a 110-145 switch, you might have 130 in the tank, but will get a pressure drop at the pressure switch down to 105, and the switch will kick the compressor on.

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
Definitely get a new tank. You need more ports than that if you want it fast. I'd reccomend an 8 port tank so that you can run a single port to each bag. You can get a 5 gallon 8 port for pretty cheap. Just check with the vendors on this forum.
Also you don't say what line or valves you have now. 1/2" line will work with 1/4" bag ports without any restrictions if you use good fittings. Pair that with 3/8" SMC valves and you will have a decently fast setup. That's basically what I have and I'm very happy with the speed.

And yes F9000s rock. [email protected] has them for 52.25 with the forum discount.

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am def. going for a 8 port 5 gal tank now! Thanks!!
I also do not have line or valves yet I was thinking 1/2 line and 3/8 SMC valves

SlammedDime< You make a real good point I did not think of that!

How do the F9000 ride?

Dave, Yes I would love to get those fittings And also what do you mean by the tire? I was thinking 40 series all around

·
can i video tape you?
2,360 Posts
You need to run a line to each bag rather then "T-ing" the lines, that right there will speed you up ALOT.

I would buy the 1/2" line and 3/8" smc valves and you should be pretty quick.

I heard the F9000's ride great but thats just what i heard, i dont run them.

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
awsome just what i wanted to hear!!

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
well you seem to like my setup, and mine isnt anything fancy, just the smc 3/8 valves, and 1/2" lines with each line going strait to the tank.

ans yes i was talking about changing all four tires to 40 series, then you probably could lay with a 2.25" notch.

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Sweet, And your setup ROCKS and 40 series for some reason are like $100 more ea then 45's

oh what did you do about the "ears" from the x member?

And the 40's will sit 1/2" lower than the 45's So I only need a 2.5" notch with 45's and a 2" notch with 40's

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
my rims are 17X 8 I was thinking 215/40/17

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sweet was it hard to take out the old one?

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Maby I will just have my weld guy plasma out the "tabs" for now untill I can get arount to that. Anything else i should look out foor going that low?

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
just cutting the ears off wont help, the center of the crossmember hangs below the bottom of the frame also, that is way the tabs are there, to protect the center section of the x member, if you slam down on that center section really hard many times, you might take the chance of bending it, and then that would mess up the driveshaft alignment.

if any thing, just leave the ears there for now.. they will give you something to drag off for awhile.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts