S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2000 sonoma 2wd ext cab stock suspesion if i can get my hands on zq8 front springs and rear leafs will it sit the same as a zq8?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have a 2.2 i have a drop kit out of my old 96 s10 but i remember when i dropped the back only to see how it was with 3" blocks and drop shocks it rode like shit so i just want the zq8 stance without sacrificing the stock ride, i might be interested but what ese do i need

·
Passwordistaco
5,877 Posts
1.5 inchs in the ZQ8 coils, just pull a leaf in the back. Put bilsteins on it, if the the shocks are old. I dont see how it couldnt hurt. And a half inch in tire profile. The steering box will help it handle better along with the rear sway bar.

·
Hello
11,397 Posts
i have a 2.2 i have a drop kit out of my old 96 s10 but i remember when i dropped the back only to see how it was with 3" blocks and drop shocks it rode like shit so i just want the zq8 stance without sacrificing the stock ride, i might be interested but what ese do i need
they won't work for your truck. They are for a 4.3L.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
o i seen them on ebay too, so i could just buy a pair of zq8 coils froms ebay and either take one leaf out or buy zq8 leafs? can i keep my stock shocks?

·
I turn.
2,555 Posts
Mine rode like crap after swapping in ZQ8 coils and keeping the regular shocks. Swapping to ZQ8 bilsteins fixed it so I'd definately do the shock swap as well.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thats what im probably what im gonna do because i really like the stock ride but i use the truck everyday in nyc soo it cant be slammed

·
s-series #2?
2004 Blazer ZR2 w/ nv3500, 5.3 LM4 swap
24,783 Posts
1.5" drop is borderline okay for stock shocks. might be fine, but definitely will benefit with the zq8 shocks.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok this was my plan zq8 coils and leafs what kind of zq8 rims i can get my hands on or what ever comes my way and eventually the zq8 shocks i just want the truck to look nice and clean and not too low to affect the ride. but what id also like to do is get a stepsidebed if i ever come across one. thanx for everyones advice

1 - 14 of 14 Posts