S-10 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
s-10 white rabite
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had blue inter light but every time i put new ones in the burn out wto where it is a wack blue the sucks butt. Is there any blue light that i can get for my truck that will not burn out. I have to by the kick panel and thos are fine it is just my over head and my map lights that i can not keep that nice dark blue. My father but some in his truck that are the same as my and there are just fine but my go bad after about a week please some one help me EcKo`:wtf: :boom: :stupid:

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
why not just buy regular bulbs, and then stain them with stained glass stuff, i did my entire dash with that stuff and my interior lights, works good so far,

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I have blue neons in mine and they look good, otherwise you could get some blue LED's... which would look kinda cool, but might not be the look you are looking for. Otherwise if you get new bulbs to replace what you have, you have to get blue glass bulbs, not coated. My friend has blue glass backup lights on his 99 cougar, they still haven't faded at all since he put them in last summer.

DogP

·
01 Bagged Truck 4 Sale
265 Posts
>

You should buy Lens paper like what DJ lights have and sheet all u do is cut them to your lights and there u go u have blue lights forever all u have to do is replace your stock bulbs with white ones again when they burn out. i did it to mine and havent had a problem

I think it is called Lens Paper it is the thickness of paper but translucent and is blue or whatever colour u want and is flexible

·
s-10 white rabite
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks every one for the heads up i will try that thanks
Ecko:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
893 Posts
heres another easy way. I did this to my ride soon as i got it and have had no problems...also did it to a friends ride. Get some blue translucent vinyl(the **** they make decals out of) and cover all your light coverings...the plastic dome cover, holes under dash, and reading lamp lenses.. this may not work with the gauges light however, i havent tried that yet.....but the vinyl does work, it lasts and if done properly, looks well during the day. This is much much much better in a reg cab. The ligh tends to be rather fainter in an ext cab....dome lamp is too far back.

you should be able to get the vinyl at any sign shop that does it...fairly cheap .....im talkin less than $5 and even thats high. you may want them to apply it however. The dome light can be a pain due to the corners and slight curvature.

·
Dain Bramaged Member
1,583 Posts
Re: >

Brayden said:
I think it is called Lens Paper it is the thickness of paper but translucent and is blue or whatever colour u want and is flexible
it's what they use for professional stage lighting, and it's called a Lighting Gel

·
bagged after winter
2,721 Posts
what/where/how do i get stainded glass paint? anywhere i go though don't know what the hell it is, can anyone give me an exact brand (i want this for my dash lights, so it hasta last)

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
The blue stained glass paint always turns out green for me, even after 5(count em) coats! I guess cuz the light is yellow and that makes it green. :(

And I got mine at Micheals

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
Where can this so called "lighting gel paper" stuff be found and about how much can it be had for?

Thanks

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
Ok, so y'all tell us how great this stuff is, and then leave me hanging on where to get it. :(

·
Dain Bramaged Member
1,583 Posts
the best palce to find lighting gels is at a place that sells/rent stage equipment...

·
Registered
287 Posts
Psychobrick said:
the best palce to find lighting gels is at a place that sells/rent stage equipment...
exactly, i am a stage tech and we use them all the time for ligthing, good luck.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts