S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 97 s10 4.3 extended cab and want it baggd.

right now i have a 4/5 belltech drop and have been looking around
into getting it baggd, i hear so many diffrent opinions on what i should get

what do you think of airride technologies, they show a red s10
with a bolt on rear 4-link and for the fron they show tubular
controlarms with shock mounts on the side - now i dont know
everything about what kind of lines and hoses and ect. to buy

also heres a dumb question, but a buddy of mine told me i would need a seperate battery to run that stuff, is this true, and if its not true than i dont understand how - because right now ive had like 3 alternators with just my stereo shit.

let me know what you guys think is a good setup, im not looking for the best, i just want something i can bag my truck, and not spend 4,000 dollars, can I just bag it for like 2500 and it be somewhat decent? if not, i probley will just look into doing a v8 swap

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Well..if you buy all the bolt on stuff from ART..you're going to be getting expensive. the airbar s10, the bolt in 4 link i belive you're talking about, is i think 995. then the front kit, is another 995. thats 2000 right there. then your compressor(s) about 205 a piece for chrome viair 450's from matt. if you go with bigred valves from ART, nice, but expensive. depending how fast you want to go, get some 3/8's or 1/2 from guage or larry. to honestly tell you, i think you'd be much better off just assembling your own kit, or talk to larry for the price..you'll save alot of money. If you are dead set on ART bolt on, go for it, but it's more expensive, but worth it.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
as far as what rear kit you use is preference. You are gonna here people say air ride and others say KP and so on. Air rides is a vary complete kit as far as being bolt on is concerned. Kp doesn't have the notches, bags or upper bag mounts in there "kit" but they offer cantilever for there kit, Air Ride don't. I wouldn't touch Air Rides front kit, its nice but bang for buck I don't see it being worth it. You already have drop spindles so all you need is some cups and bags to do the front. I hear suicidedoor's cups are great (wish I used them). As for battery's, if you added for the stereo you should be fine.

N

·
0 Posts
Yea the Air Ride Technologies stuff is good. The only negative thing I have heard about the road grater system in the rear though is that u still have some wheel hop. But if u are not into racing and hard launches that would be good for you. I would go with 3/8 valves and 1/2 inch line and that would work really good and be plenty fast. I also would get a 12 gallon tank or 2 5 gallon tanks and run 2 Viair 450 comps. for either one. Yea the ART stuff is going to be really expensive but its also all bolt on which is really good for people who havn't done this type of work before. As for the extra battery how big is your system. U will probly want a bigger alternator or another battery since u will the compressors and the system.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts