S-10 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now my xtreme blazer sits perfectly level or the back is just slightly lower. I'd like the rear to sit .5 inch higher than the front but what is the easiest way to do that? I have a 2 inch block kit in the rear, no one i know of makes a 1.5 inch block. I was thinking i could use 2 inch drop coils up front cause the xtreme coils are 1.5 inch, so that would give me the .5 inch drop up front, but i'd need an alignment after.

·
Negative 10
22,389 Posts
right on no one making the 1.5 blocks and right on needing an alignment.
and if you have the 1.5 drop coils in front i assume you have the 1.5 drop leafs in the rear. you only options that i know of is to get normal leafs. but that will raise you up 1.5 inchs not only .5, and then you would have to get normal 1 inch drop coils for the front to make it only a .5 difference. and with doing all that you would still need an alignment

·
Hates 'know-it-alls'
26,065 Posts
if he switched to normal leafs then he could get 3" blocks instead, thus raising the rear .5" when it's all said and done.

JTR makes a .5" block, normally I wouldn't suggest stacking blocks. But in their case, they make their blocks to actually bolt together, so IMO it would be safer than just stacking normal blocks. Plus their blocks are solid billet aluminum, but pricey.

https://shell7.tdl.com/~jags/Pages/Parts_S10-Lowering-Blocks.html

·
Banned
9,778 Posts
if you're willing to tear apart your suspension for .5" of difference, then you might as well drop it a few inches while you're at it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if you're willing to tear apart your suspension for .5" of difference, then you might as well drop it a few inches while you're at it.
That's the thing. If i'm gonna spend too much money or work on it, then i'll just put some 2 inch drop spindles up front and lower the back even more, but i dont wanna go through the trouble of doing spindles. Cause of the grinding of the upper control arms and what not.

·
Hates 'know-it-alls'
26,065 Posts
That's the thing. If i'm gonna spend too much money or work on it, then i'll just put some 2 inch drop spindles up front and lower the back even more, but i dont wanna go through the trouble of doing spindles. Cause of the grinding of the upper control arms and what not.

if you're willing to spend $300 on a set of spindles, the work involved with installing them is nothing

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if you're willing to spend $300 on a set of spindles, the work involved with installing them is nothing
Well i live in an apt so i'm not supposed to work on my car here. I'd have to do the work at my parents house. And i have no tools for grinding the control arms.

·
s-series #2?
2004 Blazer ZR2 w/ nv3500, 5.3 LM4 swap
24,783 Posts
home depot has angle grinders you can rent out for really not too bad a price. i used to do that until i figured out you can BUY a grinder from harbor freight for $15.
and it hasnt failed me yet

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
what is he talkin about grinding the upper control arm?
On blazers you have to grind a little meat off the upper control arm when using drop spindles to keep the caliper from hitting the control arm with the steering at full lock

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Just get airshocks for the rear. Air them up until your truck sits where you want. $40, an hour or so and no alignment and your truck will sit however you want it to.

Either that or get a machine shop to mill your blocks down a bit. They can do it cheap enough, probably around $40 or so again but you won't adjustability like with airshocks.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just get airshocks for the rear. Air them up until your truck sits where you want. $40, an hour or so and no alignment and your truck will sit however you want it to.

Either that or get a machine shop to mill your blocks down a bit. They can do it cheap enough, probably around $40 or so again but you won't adjustability like with airshocks.
I dont want to cut the blocks cause i've heard thats unsafe, and the airshocks would work but i'm sure it'd ride shittier so that's out as well. I'll prolly just put up with it the way it is or do a 2/3 drop on it i guess.

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
I dont want to cut the blocks cause i've heard thats unsafe, and the airshocks would work but i'm sure it'd ride shittier so that's out as well. I'll prolly just put up with it the way it is or do a 2/3 drop on it i guess.
Cutting blocks the right way is not unsafe at all. Have them machined. They will lose no strength, I promise you. I am a machinist, cutting the blocks will not affect their strength. I have airshocks and my truck rides better than it did stock.

You only have so many solutions here man. Both of mine work great...I have BOTH on my truck. My truck sits within 1/4' of level all the way around and that is because I machined my blocks down to exactly what I needed. Go to the "Find That Stance" thread and you will see that my truck is dropped like 3.75 on one corner and 5" on another corner. This was the only way to get it perfectly level. So that is what I did.

·
s-series #2?
2004 Blazer ZR2 w/ nv3500, 5.3 LM4 swap
24,783 Posts
airshocks ride great. if you put accumulators on it rides even better. but its so damn adjustable you gota like it sumwhere

oh ok so i dont have to do it on my dime?
not unless ur running blazer spindles no, you dont

·
Registered
809 Posts
y dont you just take ur 2" blocks and get a .5 milled of them?? it cheaper than changin all you rsuspension to get a .5 back... it was 45$ here to get my 3" angled milled..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts