S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i have a 2000 gmc 4.3 sonoma v-6 and what i did is took off the stock muffler completly now its staright pipe well except the little pre cat then the regular cat still there so is there any side effects by doing this? Ohh man it sounds awesome sounds throaty as hell sounds more like a v-12 heehe i say that cause every one usually with a v-6 wants sound like a v-8 or whatver.

I did by at pep boys one of those chrome tips that the angle faces the ground i put that on.

·
Chrome is Gay
3,693 Posts
The only big problem I can think of is automatically challenging every 16 year old with a honda to a race.

I've heard that no backpressure does harm and does not, I really dont know or give two sh*ts, I just use a muffler to scave off tickets and pollution. I am one with nature.

·
Road Race/Auto X S10
3,828 Posts
I think as long as hes got the cat he should be ok. But without the cat then backpersure would become a problem.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
By the way what kind of harm are we talking about when theres no back pressure, the only thing i can think of is less low end power/torque.

·
Clean N' Dark
1,921 Posts
The cat and piping restriction should keep enough back pressure to be fine.

Must be loud as hell though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts