·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive put 3 cd players all jvc in my truck and all of them do the same
hit eject and and the cd ejects then shuts down
put the cd in and it load fine then powers down
cant get the radio on at all
they all are supposed to work fine, i wana buy a NEW one but if its my truck id like to fix that first
any ideas

·
Broken Handed Superman
6,283 Posts
Did u do as others have told you to and bench tested the others on the battery? it could be a fuse thats almost blown and when the motor moves on the radio pulls to mutch current and causes the radio to shut down.. so try it on the battery and if they work.. check ur fuses

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
heres an update
my friend put one of the cd players in his and it worked great
something is up with my truck any ideas

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
sufferinhope said:
heres an update
my friend put one of the cd players in his and it worked great
something is up with my truck any ideas
Well, that's certainly .... odd. Only thing I can guess is somehow the factory harness is having a voltage issue or some other phenomenon. Id run new power wires from the batt and fuse panel (for the switched and non-switched) and a new chassis ground to the closest chassis connection point. I usually bypass the factory harness in this manner anyway, as they tend to be noisy. This would eliminate 'your truck' as the culprit, as doing this would basically be like wiring directly to a battery outside the truck (like when bench testing as suggested above).

If that doesnt fix the problem, you have magic gremlins in that truck and need to sell it asap (just kidding... sort of ;)).

·
feelin a lil flakey
2,002 Posts
It sounds like your ignition (the red wire on the radio harness) is not supplying power to the head unit. If i am not mistaken, JVC head units will let you take a CD out and put one in while the ignition is off as long you have power to the Memory (yellow on the radio harness). Try running constant power to the ignition (red) for troubleshooting purposes to see if that solves your problem. If it does I would run all new power (switched and constant) and a new ground like Audioholic suggested above. Let us know if ya need anything else.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
your saying to rerun the wires
just the red yellow and black and where am i running them to exactly
im kinda stupid when it come to that stuff but i know the basics

·
feelin a lil flakey
2,002 Posts
Run the Black (ground) wire directly to the to the cab. Make sure you scrape off any paint in the area in which you intend to put the ground. If you can, run a wire directly to the battery, put a fuse close to the battery, and hook that wire to the memory(yellow) wire. If you look on the steering column coming out of the ignition switch, you should find a yellow wire. This would be your switched power. If you have access to a multimeter test this wire with the key turned to run and then turned to off to make sure this is the right wire. if it is run a wire to the red(switched), fuse it close enough to the column to allow you to easily change the fuse if need be.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
anyone else?

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
ok this was the same problem i had that ruined my pioneer deh-8400 premier which was rather expensive and pissed me off.... i got a new cd player and did the same shit... it goes into protect mode... my problem was i unhooked the top 4x6 speakers in the dash and forgot about taping up the terminals and they were groundin out on the firewall so i taped them up and now it works perfect...

check all the wires to make sure the ones gettin positive signals are not groundin out on metal

thats all i got hope i helped

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so i wana lie about how i fixed this and say i rewired it all but i wont
im soo dumb it was a blown fuse
just didnt think it would be that easy so i never checked it and i have been driving with no tunes for 2 weeks
thanks for all the help

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
sufferinhope said:
just didnt think it would be that easy so i never checked it and i have been driving with no tunes for 2 weeks
thanks for all the help
Don't worry, we've all done that before, right guys? *looks around* Well okay, maybe you and me are the only ones. :D

·
Broken Handed Superman
6,283 Posts
sufferinhope said:
thanks for all the help
See post 2! lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts