S-10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i did a 2/3 drop on top of my ZQ8 on my 99 s10. it looks lower than some of the guys here in town so i decided to measure last night. I am at 25.5 in front and 26.5 out back. The front is lowered about the same as about a 4.5 inch drop. The back needs to come down a bit. I thinking of going with a true 5 inch drop out back. What do you guys think. Also what go you non xtreme owners measure front and back with a 2/3 drop?

·
Rollin on Black 18s
529 Posts
What size tires are you running? I have 245/50s on my stock ZQ8 wheels and thats .6" shorter than stock, so that drops mine down another .3" over those with stock tires.... maybe you are in the same boat. I'll try to find someone with a tape measure though so I can measure mine.

Drew

PS. Are your parts BellTech or from another company?

·
Un-Blown Fake ZQ8
3,401 Posts
Eric85 said:
Ok i did a 2/3 drop on top of my ZQ8 on my 99 s10. it looks lower than some of the guys here in town so i decided to measure last night. I am at 25.5 in front and 26.5 out back. The front is lowered about the same as about a 4.5 inch drop. The back needs to come down a bit. I thinking of going with a true 5 inch drop out back. What do you guys think. Also what go you non xtreme owners measure front and back with a 2/3 drop?
Sounds right to me. I'm at 26" upfront with a 3" drop.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea i got the stock sized tires which is the 235/55/16.

·
chief one
80 Posts
If you want to lower the back you can pull the middle leaf spring and get anouther 1.5". It is really easy and its free. I just did it to my buddys truck very simple.

·
Hell Bound
262 Posts
Hes got ZQ8.. so its already only got 2 springs in the packet...

*EDIT* nevermind... just looked at mine and i was wrong, there are three leafs in the packet... but wouldn't pulling another weaken the spring substantially?

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i am not pulling a leaf spring......

·
Rollin on Black 18s
529 Posts
PS. Are your parts BellTech or from another company?

If you are running a different company they may be just a little off with the adjustments.... thats all i can think of really.

Drew

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nope im running all belltech. Maybe summit sent me 2 inch angled blocks instead of three?

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
What part number do you have for the blocks? 2" should be 6100 or 6102 for angled and 3" is 6200 or 6202 for angled. Also did you take measurements before you dropped your truck? If you did, then you can see if it did drop it 2/3.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
looked at the box today and the part number is 6202. I did not take measurements before and after since iw as so excited about it i guess hell i dont know. im looking at 26 and a half in the back. its no big deal anymore because after the winter i am slapping a 5/6 on it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts