S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Bass Junkie
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a total of 5ins of drop on the rear of my rig by way of 3in leafs and 2in blocks. Anyhoo I chopped my bumpstops out but I am still riding really rough in the rear. By rough I mean I am still bottoming out on meek little bumps and dips. Is there any stiff as hell shocks out on the market which would eleviate this problem or is there some way I could stiffin up my leafs. I am really not happy with the Belltech 3in drop leafs...they just feel really weak. It seems as tho my rear end is swayin all over the place...bouncing all around. Mad appreciation goes out to anyone who can help!!:thumbup:

·
Sold
4,592 Posts
what do you have for shocks now?
do you have a sway bar in the rear?

my drop on my 98 is 4 inches in the rear and it handles great 3 inch drop springs (hotchkis) and 1 inch blocks. i have doetsch tech shocks and i cut out the bump stops never bottom out the rear.

·
drag~N~spark
9,530 Posts
use toxic shock's that what i have in the rear of my mini and its droped 7".........4" block's and 3" leaf's, and it rides like its on air. i have no complaints at all. so my recomendation is to go with toxic shock's. i dont like the other kinds but thats my own oppion

peace, steve

·
Registered
2,850 Posts

·
drag~N~spark
9,530 Posts
yeah i took out the bumpstop, and it doenst ride hard at all, when i took out the bump stop it droped it another 2"

·
Bass Junkie
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right now I have the BellTech nitro shocks. When I was under the truck the last time installing angle shims, I noticed them to be real weak when I disconnected them. Meaning I could push them in with ease. I think I blew them out or something. Yah I chopped my whole entire bumpstop....bracket and all. When I first did it it road damn good. But over the past month the ride is unbearable at times. Are the formentioned shocks stiffer than the ones I have?? if so I will put them on order right away. My rear also sags a bit. a 3 and 5 drop is suppose to make it ride level, right? I dunno when it comes to suspension I am clueless. Thank god for you guys(and ladies) in S-10 Forum land! Peeeze!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts