S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
graduated!!!!
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am pissed off at my current box (fiberglass, 2 sony 12's, pushing about 400-500amps....)

i was looking for ideas (i searched i swear....)

so if you have a fiberglassed box, or box in general please post pics of them

·
graduated!!!!
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol, i saw most of those, i just need pics of final products, i mean i like what Nick has done in his how-to thread but i just wanted ideas for an SUV, rather than the x-cab dimes...

·
blahh
1,392 Posts
you would wanna try blazinlow forum for more of those most of the stuff here is truck boxs... IMO I think there are more trucks on here than jimmys and blazes and stuff so I would try there man.

·
black culture thief?!
1,702 Posts
whats your model of subwoofer, what amp do you have powering them? It sound like it might be your setup rather than your enclosure. What is your airspace in the enclosure? Can you accurately measure it?

·
Registered
557 Posts
truckramrod said:
whats your model of subwoofer, what amp do you have powering them? It sound like it might be your setup rather than your enclosure. What is your airspace in the enclosure? Can you accurately measure it?
Yea man I agree with him. If your not happy with your set-up it's probably because you have sony's.

·
Mine Sweeper!
6,512 Posts
sounds pretty nice, i spent a couple hours figuring out inside dimensions and stuff according to what the spec sheet of the subs said the interior volume should be and concluded that there was only a 1dB difference between ported and sealed and sealed is way easier to make (and takes less space) so I went with sealed. love the sound, box is perfect for me since I carry tons of crap in the back and also pack it full of stuff travelling to and from college i can put stuff on the top and all.

next wednesday nite i'm building an addition to the box...a shelf that is about 5" high that goes under the box and has a space under there for my tool set and my amp with a small fan so the amp's hidden and i've got more cargo area room again. i'll get some pics on this thread after I build it and put it all together.

·
DRIVIN A PERVERTABLE
7,017 Posts
damn, i need to get some film developed. just did a 2 12 box in an extreme and a 4 12 box in a trooper(but will fit a blazer) also have a 2 12 box in a pt cruiser. all carpet, painted, or covered w/ some material........no1 seems to want to pay the cost of glassing.:dunno:

·
Registered
506 Posts
i'm just running a single 10 and a small amp, i have kids and a wife that likes to bitch about the radio being too loud so this is all i run.

·
DRIVIN A PERVERTABLE
7,017 Posts
damn wives:haha:

my buddy has the same problem. she wants a small system but it takes up to much room for all her stuff. never satisfied:haha:

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
i am pissed off at my current box (fiberglass, 2 sony 12's, pushing about 400-500amps....)
not making fun because we were all there at one time or another but it's WATTS not AMPS

·
Registered
506 Posts
tprj82 said:
i like that alot, very simple but clean also
thanks, it took all of an hour to build, seal and carpet, and it's running the required space for the sub. sounds pretty good too, not pushing a whole lot of watts through it cause of the whole wifey thing, and i'm running through the stock head unit.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts