S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Better post-em.
11,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well my cat went out and didnt feel like blowin $100+ bucks so i just put a piece of pipe in there and now it sounds like i just pissed off a bunch of bees when i accelerate. ive clamped evrything down and put exhaust pipe sealer around all the ceveces and joints. its noticeably less but the bee noise is still there and loud. is it just the way it is or can i fix somehting. the flex pipe is fine and ive tightened them down the best i could(funny angles cant really get to em)

2.2L stock header, no cat, cherry bomb turbo mufler, turndown b4 the axel. all pipeing is origional except the piece i put in place of the cat.

PLEASE HELP! its annoying and makes me sound ricey.:eek:

·
Weeeeeee
2,495 Posts
well it's best to have the pipes welded instead of clamped and sealed... exhaust shops dont charge much at all to do the welds.

·
child at heart
1,546 Posts
the cat helps dampen some of the sound, yours is gone now so it will sound like ass until you do something about it. i gutted mine when it went out thinking that would be cool. drove 1 day and said to hell with that and had new one put on.

·
Registered
623 Posts
it is a I-4 you have a cherry bomber..... what else do you expect it is going to sound like a 2.2 with a fart can.

sorry but it will.

·
1988 S15 Member
794 Posts
comics22 said:
it may be, its about 3-4 yrs old (how long do they last?)ive never hit anything with it.
Mine was all dented up and starting to rust at the corner in about a year and a half. take the muff off get a good cat and dont run a muff. thats what we did after we broke the muff and the thing was deep then.

·
Better post-em.
11,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
its gettin bad, the inlet adn outlet pipes are rusted to hell, i doubt it will last to winter.
so what should i get?

ive heard tons of different things like magnaflow, flowmaster, i think dynomax.
is $69.99 good price for a flowmaster?

i know this has to be posted about 7000 times but anyone have a sound clip of a magnaflow, dynamax, flowmaster?

i want somehting that sounds decent and somewhat loud(which i think its gonna be the way its set up) so what sounds decent for a good price?

·
1988 S15 Member
794 Posts
comics22 said:
its gettin bad, the inlet adn outlet pipes are rusted to hell, i doubt it will last to winter.
so what should i get?

ive heard tons of different things like magnaflow, flowmaster, i think dynomax.
is $69.99 good price for a flowmaster?

i know this has to be posted about 7000 times but anyone have a sound clip of a magnaflow, dynamax, flowmaster?

i want somehting that sounds decent and somewhat loud(which i think its gonna be the way its set up) so what sounds decent for a good price?
get a high flow cat and dont run a muff. it is loud and sounds good

1 - 11 of 11 Posts