S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The ORIGINAL
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 2 months ago, I hit a lady that ran a red light. I own a 2001 Ex-Cab Xtreme...Onyx Black w/Yellow (factory option) stripes. Anyway, I went to the closest Chevrolet dealership with a body shop (as my dad works for the nearest Chevy dealership, but they don't have a body shop).

After I got it back, 3 weeks later, the work was rediculous. They didn't put fog light bulbs in the new fogs, headlights weren't intalled right, etc. Worst of all, paint work was like terrible, hood was off with big time gaps, stripes were laid incorrectly, and rocker panels (side ground effects) were not attached well nor did they match from the cab portion to the bed portion (when you look down truck, you can see the body portion is like "bent" in more).

Anyway, after 2 more trips back, they've told me they can't do any better with the hood (which is off and very low in one corner)or the stripes...supposedly, stripes come pre-cut for wiper washers, which limits their ability to make them straight. I contacted the insurance company, and they sent the head of the DRP (direct repair program) out from NC to see my truck. He said he would compare my truck to other Xtremes, and if its looks just as good, he couldn't do any more.

This is where I need your help...there aren't many Xtremes around here, so if anyone can send me a picture of your 1. Rocker Panels (Ground Effects) AND/OR 2. Stripes AND/OR 3. Hood (Gaps, Overhangs, Lowness, Overall Look - Mine is BAD), so I can show insurance guy what it is SUPPOSED to look like, I would REALLY appreciate it. Any and all pictures help, especially closeups. The stripes are important, because if they can't get them straight, I'm gonna make them rip them off the WHOLE truck and PAINT them on. My 8 mth old truck WILL NOT look like this, especially after someone just made $6500 to fix it right.

BTW, I would like to post pics, but have no clue how. If you have any pics, please either post them here, or send to my email: [email protected] .

Thanks so much guys for taking the time to read this and help me out. I'm sorry I had to write a book, i'm just VERY frusterated and angry:bash:. I'll probably end up having to retain a lawyer and sue someone.

Thanks Again! :bash: [email protected]

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
Ouch that fuckin sucks.....but these people are idiots if they couldn't tell those stripes aren't on right, sorry man, Horrible work, I never have trusted body work to a dealership.....I trust little to dealerships, I've had bad experiences...

Caleb

·
Registered
893 Posts
Thats the same kinda BS i went through. I never took it too the dealership though. If you didnt have to pay a dime to get it done, which you shouldnt have since YOU were hit, you should have gone to a really good paint shop. Dealership work is never good IMO.

·
Registered
431 Posts
dealerships cant do anything right, they suck! good luck w/ ur truck guy and dont take any of there crap either

·
The ORIGINAL
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would have taken it and had the whole truck painted on if it was my choice, but everything was fucked up. She ran her red, but when the cop showed up, he believed her when she said she had a green. The cop wrote ME the F**KING ticket! So when my insurance co. found out I got ticket, they paid her off. I fought ticket and won, but thats all. So if I could have gotten her ass to pay, I would've. Anyway, I'm bringing it to anothr dealership AND to my own private choice to get new estimates and see what they can do. MY STRIPES WILL BE STRAIGHT, DAMN IT! I don't know if you guys can tell in those 2 pictures...the first one w/the stripes, look at the distance from the center crease in the hood. In the other one, you can see how low the corner of the hood is.

Thanks again ya'll,
D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts