S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
ATELOPHOBIC President
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the owner of a 1984 GMC S-15 Longbox, Regular Cab with the 2.8L V6 and a 5 speed stick shift. I am looking for help with upgrades on both engine and body and don't know where to start any help would be great. I am still in high school so its kinda hard to rummage up alot of money (but i'm still trying). Plus I live in Canada so the prices are different. But any input would be great.

Thanks

·
Long Bed Member
3,065 Posts
Ringmaster2011 said:
I am the owner of a 1984 GMC S-15 Longbox, Regular Cab with the 2.8L V6 and a 5 speed stick shift. I am looking for help with upgrades on both engine and body and don't know where to start any help would be great. I am still in high school so its kinda hard to rummage up alot of money (but i'm still trying). Plus I live in Canada so the prices are different. But any input would be great.

Thanks
i know where your coming from bro im in highschool and have no job at the moment , but as for some upgrades id go for things like clear corner and bumper lenses($50-60) ,a mild drop like 3/3 3/4 can be had for around ($100)and stuff like a k&n filter($40-50) and a high flow muffler($50-90)
now these are just prices from dealers and such but look around here there are always people selling stuff that you can pick up cheaper then from a store, hope that helps some :thumbup:

·
ATELOPHOBIC President
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Drop

I know very little about suspension and don't know what I need. What would I be looking for to get a cheap 3/4 drop. I could install in mechanics class with my teacher.

·
Long Bed Member
3,065 Posts
Re: Drop

Ringmaster2011 said:
I know very little about suspension and don't know what I need. What would I be looking for to get a cheap 3/4 drop. I could install in mechanics class with my teacher.
3" front drop springs and 4" drop blocks for the rear ,it honestly doesnt get any easier then that. its also the cheapest way to go
the springs should be around $40-80 and the blocks should be around $25-40 now the price depends on whom you get them from but as many people in here will tell you "you get what you pay for" look around the suspention forum to see what companies to use and which not to . Drop shocks are also good when you lower it because they offer the correct shock length for the drop most will run $25-40 each. now for a 3/4 you can still use the stock shocks but they wont have as much travel and will tend to bottom out ,but depending on your budget the stocks will work and you can just save for drop shocks later

dont forget to have it alligned after the drop too

sorry for the book :D

·
ATELOPHOBIC President
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Buckets for your truck

I recently put buckets in my truck from an 89 blazer and they fit right in the only problem I had was that there was no mounting brackets on the insides of both seats. All i had were the to outer brackets from the bench seat. So what I did was just drilled through the floor then put some silicone in to prevent it from rustinf my floor boards then stuck in some very high strength bolts so the wouldn't break in a accident. It took about 20 minutes for the entire install.

·
Long Bed Member
3,065 Posts
Re: Buckets for your truck

Ringmaster2011 said:
I recently put buckets in my truck from an 89 blazer and they fit right in the only problem I had was that there was no mounting brackets on the insides of both seats. All i had were the to outer brackets from the bench seat. So what I did was just drilled through the floor then put some silicone in to prevent it from rustinf my floor boards then stuck in some very high strength bolts so the wouldn't break in a accident. It took about 20 minutes for the entire install.
thanks i just finished installing mine that exact way and they came out great :thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts