S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the picture of the Xtreme with the stripes is what my truck looks like now.....the picture to the left without stripes is what I'm thinking about making it look like. When I bought the truck the stripes came with it....they aren't painted on, they are vinal. And are starting to look kinda bad....like minor scratches from so many washes...you can see the swirl marks alot worse than you could ever imagine....I guess cause its not real paint. But ether way...I could get them taken' off and get my paint buffed... or get some painted on....But from the pic's, which looks the best? The one without stripes? Or the one with them, I need some serious opinion's, cause if I dont take them off I'm gonna get a black bowtie, but if I take them off, I'm most likely gonna go billet bowtie and grill inserts. Please tell me which looks best, give me as many opinion's as possible...THANKS!

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I need some XTREME Opinions! Stripes or NO Stripes?

Here is the back view.....I need plenty of inputs...thanks!!!!!

Attachments

·
A Constant Work in Progress
1,088 Posts
without

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
ge the stripes off and get a custom paint job :thumbup:

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
took the yellow stripes off mine but left the yellow extreme on the side.

·
loser boy
16 Posts
i have sparkle silver stripes on my 02 X and they look good. I am not to sure bout the black stripes though. I would deffinitly take them ugly *******s off that beutiful truck right away.:confused:

·
Registered
128 Posts
I also have an '01 with the strips. Mine is the summit white with victory red strips, and I love it. But, I don't care much for the black strips on your red truck. Sorry man, I would take them off. They are just stickers. Heat the strips up with a heat gun to warm the glue, and pull at an angle. Good luck.

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
i dont like them at all...but i've been know to have bad taste....ugh stripes...

·
Ex Bagged Minitrucker
4,651 Posts
I LOVE stripes, just not black stripes. If you really want stripes on your truck, white would look good on a red truck. Later, Brandon

·
littleX10
70 Posts
Wait till the sticker are peeling or fading. Then take off and get pin stripes. No more custom touch in the world than the pin stripes. I drove a 86 Z28 with an angle white/pink paint job and pink pin stripes. Don't ask will not go further on details. But the car looked bad ass in everyway and angle. I only had for two years and I was on the top in it. I mean Chevrolet, V8, and tits paint and performance what else you need?

·
IDWIN
13 Posts
have painted stripe on but make sure it goes all the way down to the bottom

·
Registered
214 Posts
Stripes on an S-10 make it look taller. No stripes make it look lower and wider. A slammed truck does not look right with stripes onver the top to me.

-Chris

·
Cali Member
50 Posts
Man, you guys act like you've never seen a 1970 Chevelle 454SS that was red with black stripes. You know what a bad ass color combo that is? Yeah, we are talking about an X here but it could work...

hmmm, after a second look though... you might wanna REALLY want the stripes if you're gonna get the stripes. it's cleaner without but sportier with.

·
Cali Member
50 Posts
Actually the only stripe/body combo I ever liked on the X's was the Indigo Blue with Silver stripes... that's the only combo that I'd personally roll with...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts