S-10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
V8 Member
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Guys! Okay heres the deal i have an 89' s-10 reg cab w/ bucket seats and right now i am running two JL 12WO's in two seperate sealed boxes and they are going in favour of a single infinity 10 *i need some more space* my question is what would be the difference of putting the sub in a conventional sealed box or mounting it like s-10fan has done? see pic below

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
The Hardest hitting woofers I have ever seen were fired into the box...the were some Boston 12's....the were kick ass..you could hear the metal on the roof warp when they hit!!..it was bad!

·
SIC-Founder & WA Ch. Head
1,687 Posts
Well, you can build a slightly smaller box, because the magnet doesn't take up any airspace. Speakers create the same amount of sound on both sides, front and back. It will sound the same as a traditionally mounted sub, but you get to see the cool magnet, if you've got the room to have it stick out. Going in the middle of bucket seats like the pic will be fine.

·
V8 Member
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i am still waiting for his e-mail to tell me what kind of setup he has going on in the pic but it appears to me that it is firing into the wall. Well what i was thinking of doing was mounting it on the back wall in between the seats but put a spacer in between so that the middle of the cone doesnt hit the wall, do you guys think that will work? would i get good sound quality? Would i still have to build a box for it? Thanks for taking the time to reply!! =)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts