S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay. I'm slowly but surely getting my Dime on bags, now here is my question. I know this might seem kinda dumb but better safe then sorry I guess you could say. I bought a 9 gallon tank with 3 ports. It has 1) 1/4" port and 2) 3/8" ports. I also bought a Viair 450 100% Duty compressor. Now could I just use the 1/4" port for my compressor line and the 3/8" ports for my air lines to the valves? I was gonna use 3/8" ports n valves with a 1/2" line. Also where would be a good spot to put the pressure switch? Thanks for the help in advance.

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
I would get a T, plug the compressor and pressure switch into it, and plug it into the port. Then the other 2 would be free for the valves. However, I wouldn't recommend 9 gallons with only one Viair 450.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would the tank take forever to refill? I know its not a big compressor but thats what the budget was allowing. Though I could have gone with a smaller tank. :smacks self in head with pan bar:

·
EX-Minitrucker
3,978 Posts
6 gallons is the most you can do with only 1 450 compressor i believe. get you an 8 port 5 gal tank from suicidedoors.com and that way you don't have to split your lines. it would be a lot cleaner to plumb and run your lines that way and your setup will be much faster.

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
It'll fill it. But don't expect it to last for very long.

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
Of course. Granted, it may last a while, but I definitely wouldn't trust it on that much air.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cool, thanks for the heads up. If I notice any problems I'll be sure to switch over, or if I worry myself to death now I'll just order the 5 gallon instead.

·
EX-Minitrucker
3,978 Posts
The 5 gal is very nice :thumbup: and if you ever want to upgrade you can get another one and just hook up one more 450 and you'll have plenty of air. . . or at least that's what i'm planning on doing.

·
Drop N Destroy
4,712 Posts
you will burn that 450 compressor up eventually always trying to fill that 9 gallon tank go wit the 5 gallon tank from jason i've got one on the way!!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, I slept on it and I'm going to cancle my order on that monster 9 gallon. I'd rather save $200+ on a compressor then just letting it burn up on an over sized tank. My friend also had a question. If you have a single port bag with 2 valves for pump and dump. Would you run the 2 valves to a T fitting then to a single line to the bag?

·
Oh, yea...
966 Posts
Yep, just put a "T" between the two valves. What I'm thinking of doing is running a 5 gal tank with a Viair450 in-line with a nitrogen tank. I'll run off the tank, and if I don't get to refill it in time, the pump would just kick on. I guess, I just don't want to get stranded somewhere because of the pump or somethig else screwing up. :thumbup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts