S-10 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
92 4x4 rust bucket
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need to know who, if anyone, makes a relatlively cheap 2-3 inch suspension lift for a 99 ext. cab sten....if anyone knows i would really appreciate it....

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
superlift has a torsion bar 2 inch lift for around 400 bucks or you could crank the t-bars up in the front and add a shackle in the rear. the truck will ride rougher and may cause the cv's to wear faster.

·
**** New Jersey
8,325 Posts
superlift has a torsion bar 2 inch lift for around 400 bucks or you could crank the t-bars up in the front and add a shackle in the rear. the truck will ride rougher and may cause the cv's to wear faster.
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes, to the second part

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
lol, yeah the SL kit is a ripoff but some people do buy it for the upper arms that come with it. and i just noticed i bumped a 2 year old thread......oops

·
**** New Jersey
8,325 Posts
way to go!! haha.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sup guys.. I need some help as well.. i have a 98 that is starting to be a like a problem child from hell.. i just put a 6" Superlift and 33" tires now i am starting to feel a little lag when taking off.. i am thinking it either needs new gearing in trans or rear end or maybe both with a new motor.. does isn't the 4.3l good as well as the Trans.. any idea's.

·
Not my Blazer
225 Posts
Sup guys.. I need some help as well.. i have a 98 that is starting to be a like a problem child from hell.. i just put a 6" Superlift and 33" tires now i am starting to feel a little lag when taking off.. i am thinking it either needs new gearing in trans or rear end or maybe both with a new motor.. does isn't the 4.3l good as well as the Trans.. any idea's.
why did you dig up four old threads to ask one question?

you need gears

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
ah don't feel bad, i bumped this thread when it was 2 years old by not paying attention to the dates..lol. but like Mullet said, you need gears. I'd say 3.73 or 4.11 would get you back to close to stock power with the larger tires. or if your truck is a zr2 they have 3.73 stock so you may even have to go up to 4.56's.

·
Registered
25 Posts
why did you dig up four old threads to ask one question?

you need gears

yo.. thanks for the help so far.. when you say gears you mean in the trans or in the rear end.. this is all new to me.. i had no idea that more needs to be done then just adding a lift.. lol.. i am now starting to understand more and more each day..

·
Not my Blazer
225 Posts
yo.. thanks for the help so far.. when you say gears you mean in the trans or in the rear end.. this is all new to me.. i had no idea that more needs to be done then just adding a lift.. lol.. i am now starting to understand more and more each day..
rear end gears, like 5.74x4 said atleast 4.11 but 4.56 would give more power back, but your mileage would suffer, it a give and take kinda thing.

·
Huge Ideas, Tiny Wallet
1,362 Posts
Quote: Originally Posted by illgetit Sup guys.. I need some help as well.. i have a 98 that is starting to be a like a problem child from hell.. i just put a 6" Superlift and 33" tires now i am starting to feel a little lag when taking off.. i am thinking it either needs new gearing in trans or rear end or maybe both with a new motor.. does isn't the 4.3l good as well as the Trans.. any idea's.
You need different gearing in your front and rear differentials. I believe you'll be limited in gear choice. The lowest gear I could findfor the front IFS 7.25" diff are 4.10:1 but I could be wrong. You're gonna have to do alot of research and it sounds like you'll be taking it to a pro to have the work done. Check with http://www.gardenstatemotorsports.com/category.sc?categoryId=78 or http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php?a=G-moog or http://www.summitracing.com/ for parts. There are alot of other places too.

·
Huge Ideas, Tiny Wallet
1,362 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts