S-10 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey guys - Im new to the 4x4 stuff (mostly into fieros) and I enlisted in the Air Force.. Well, the other day, I found out I am going to be stationed in Minot ND (I am in San antonio TX now) and I am not really looking forward to going... So I am going to get a blazer. I am looking at a couple, that are 2000, 4x4 4 dr... and I would like to fit a set of 33x12.5 under it.. How much lift would I need to get that? Also, how wide of wheel would I need? what kind of mods would I have to do to the fender area? I have heard of some mods to the fender.. but is it in the wheel well area, or trimming the fender? (Like I said, I am new to this) I am looking into getting a set of 17inch wheels for it.. or maybe 18s.. and Its more for show than really taking it off road.. but I will have some fun with it.. (edit* what rear spacing would I need to not have to get spacers, or can I not get around that? Here are the wheels I am looking at getting - http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stor...goryId=26191&parentCategoryId=11259&langId=-1 ) Also, what is a cheap way to get the lift that I would need to fit the 33s? Can anyone post some pics for me, as here on base, for some reason it wont let me go to the gallery... Any kind of info would help, and how to links are great also!
Please help!
Thanks in advance,
Jason

·
Jake
30 Posts
i have a 2000 S10 4x4 i just put on 31/10.5/15 with just the torison bars cranked
from what i'm told for sure a 6'' lift ($1700)will clear 33's maybe even a 5''($1400) i'm puting a 2'' body($209) on wedsnday just for extra tire clearnce and about the spacing deal don't know but i have stock 2wd gmc somna rims and when i'm done i will have 33''

·
got SFA?
901 Posts
well one if you want a 17 then consider different wheels cause the wheels you posted arent avaible for your bolt pattern in the 17" size, they are in 16 but not 17.

to fit a 33 you are looking at the very least of going with a 5/6 inch lift. you are also going to want and TRY to keep your backspacing as close to 5 inches as you can really. that seems to be the best width for the trucks. if they still dont fit right then you can do a 2-3 inch BL and be good to go. for being mainkly street driving you will be fine like this. if you plan to go wheeling at all then you'll need to cut your fenders. theyre are many ways to do it but bascially you find where the tire rubs, and cut it off. haha

·
Registered
488 Posts
5 or 6" lift $1500ish
2 or 3" body $200ish
plus rims and rubber $800ish
my estimate $priceless.... i mean $2500 or so

unfortunately, with a 4door you are gonna have lots of fun trimming, or trying to, saggy leafs and what not, this would be alot of work too, those kits are VERY timely, it is hard for us to just tuck in some big tires, there is only about an inch or so to trim off the front, not much to work with

1 - 4 of 4 Posts