S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
s-10 white rabite
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am just about to start suping up my s-10 and i am thinking about putting on a better exhaust, but i do not want it sounding like a rice rocket (do not take that the wrong way if you have on). i know if i put on a flowmaster on a 2.2 L it will sound the way that i do not want it to sound. if any one has a tip on this on please hit me up. some people are telling me the exhaust is fine stock and work in the intake. is that true??
Peace outy EcKo:confused: :bash: :confused:

·
Registered
217 Posts
ive found that upgrades to the exhaust on the 4 bangers do help just dont go so big on the piping that you loose so much back pressure and loose hp

for muffler seletion do not get one that has a straight thru design that will give you more of a ricey sound, flomasters are good if you have a bigger engine pushin alot of air at least with my expirence thats what ive found

dynomax makes some good mufflers borla is ok but ive heard they werk pretty descent on these trucks

as for the intake you can run a stock exhaust with an aftermarket intake system youll see more hp gain if you add an exhaust system though

·
Registered
98 Posts
This should help

Alright, i've put an intake on mine and it helped the sound out alot, just make sure that you have a big filter on the end of your intake. That will make it have a really deep sound. And bout the flowmasters, get 50 series turndowns and it will sound aight. Its not going to sound like a 327 or anything but it will sound alright. If you want to save some money you can go to auto zone and buy a intake filter and take your airbox out of your truck and just run the strait filter. It wont hurt it at all and it will make it sound alot better a few of my friends have done that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i have a 2 chamber flow on my 2.2 liter S10 and it sounds friggin awsome... i always get compliments on the sound =)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sorry to mix breeds... but i put my dads totaled 2005 mustang gt muffler on my s10 (only one of the two). ran it for a while with just the muffler under the bed and the interior resonance was a little loud when down shifting. so i ran pipe out the back to the tail gate and it sounds great now

·
Registered
14 Posts
When i bought my truck it had a flowmaster on it but it was really loud becuase i have a header so i took it to the exhuast shop yesterday tried on 2 flow masters and a magna flow i like the magna flow better becuase it was quieter the flow masters are way to loud i dont want any more tickets for "Unauthorized muffler system" i think it sounds sweet

1 - 7 of 7 Posts