S-10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Xtremely Yellow
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i dropped my blazer x today with a 2/3 belltech kit. it wasn't too hard (i had never done it before). my truck now looks 8 billion times better. might go lower in another year or so.

now, for the problem. i flipped the brake lines in the back so they would not rub on the frame. when i was done, i bled the brakes, starting with the right rear. the pedal felt great until i started my truck...the pedal went straight to the floor! i shut the truck off, and the pedal felt awesome again.

i have bled the brakes about 4 times now, i have checked for blowen fuses (abs), i have disconnected the negative battery terminal for an hour (?) and nothing seems to be helping the situation out. again, the pedal is fockin' awesome until the truck is started, then it gets xtremely mushy and barely stops the truck!

somebody help me PLEASE!

·
Blown ex ***
5,710 Posts
what do you mean by "flipped" ?

·
Xtremely Yellow
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the lines were 'looped' up from the factory...i just loosened the line and 'looped' them down so that they would not rub the frame.

·
Blown ex ***
5,710 Posts
ok. it sounds to me like you need to bleed them more. are you sure they are not leaking ? no kinks in the lines ? did the master go dry before you started bleeding ?

·
Xtremely Yellow
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i know for a fact that they are not leaking externally. i also know that the lines are not kinked/cut/pinched anywhere.

the fluid reservoir was nearly empty after undoing the lines to switch them. i filled it up before i began to bleed the system.

i have bled the system so many times tonight....no more sputtering from the bleeder screws....fluid streams on all four corners.

·
Blown ex ***
5,710 Posts
ok. bleed it right at the master. sometimes air can get trapped there. if that doesn't work, bleed the fronts also.

·
Xtremely Yellow
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i didn't get a chance to do that....apparently the brake-fixer-fairy worked on it last night because they feel perfect this morning.

i went and had it aligned....everything is awesome!

·
bitch
7,884 Posts
why the fock would you bleed your brakes when your only flipping the lines? sounds to me like you just made things hard for yourself.

·
Medium-size Truckin
4,783 Posts
nice choice on the 04 Xtreme blazer, i thought they were going to stop making those.... i have lost many nights of sleep over it too :). anyway i am glad that it all worked out for you

·
Xtremely Yellow
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
laynlo17: anytime you remove a brake line, you introduce air into the system. therefore, the system has to be bled.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Jess said:
ok. bleed it right at the master. sometimes air can get trapped there. if that doesn't work, bleed the fronts also.
How do you bleed it at the master? I'm having a similar problem with my 1997 sonoma after a 2/3 beltech drop, except I didn't do anything to the brake lines.

I tired bleeding and started at the right rear, went fine then moved onto the left rear, a little fluid came out now theres nothing comming out!

what is going on? perhaps theres a vacuum lock at the master? once again, how do i bleed the system at the master?

·
Registered
321 Posts
If there is no fluid coming out,you've got something plugged.Most likely just the bleeder,take it completly out and make sure it's clear.If you can see through it take the line off and try to get fluid there.Keep working your way back on the line until you find the area that's clogged.

To bleed the master cylinder on the truck just,brake a line loose,then snug it back up,have someone push down on the pedal and hold it to the floor,crack the line a little,let it bleed.Use rags to catch the fluid it eats paint.When you finish the first line do the second.Then bleeed the wheels.

This works on older systems not sure if ABS will be effected.Also you may have a bleeder on a dump valve at the master cylinder ( my full size 90 has this)do it too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts