S-10 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dropped the truck a month or two ago and when I hit a big bump I can hear the control arm bottoming on the frame. I went to look at the bump stops and there are none on the lower control arm where they are supposed to be. Where can I get some? New or used does not matter. Thanks.

Rob

·
CuStOmIzEd?
519 Posts
I dropped the truck a month or two ago and when I hit a big bump I can hear the control arm bottoming on the frame. I went to look at the bump stops and there are none on the lower control arm where they are supposed to be. Where can I get some? New or used does not matter. Thanks.

Rob
you can get new from www.lmctruck.com or you can get used from your local boneyard..either way i'm sure they are very inexpensive.

·
Registered
190 Posts
question how come people have to remove the bumpstops to stop rubbing and bottoming out when they drop and you need them?
sorry just confused!

·
No More SS
1,100 Posts
question how come people have to remove the bumpstops to stop rubbing and bottoming out when they drop and you need them?
sorry just confused!
You want to remove the rear bump stops, not the front.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the tip. Got some new tires too and the truck actually turns instead of tonsofbodyrollandpushthroughturns.

·
Registered
10,370 Posts
You should be able to pick up an Energy Suspension poly bump stop at Advance Auto. They have a few different kinds and one that is the factory version in poly for the S trucks. I have to find mine that I bought way back when and put them on my Blazer. I cut the stock ones down, but it hits metal before it hits the bumpstop.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks alot. I couldnt find the ones on lmc. I'll go look for the energy ones now.

·
CuStOmIzEd?
519 Posts
on lmctruck.com the part no. is 29-5352 and it is $7.95 (plus shipping) for lower a-arm...upper is 29-5350 cost is $5.95 (plus shipping) this is for s-series 82-93 but might work in newer trucks also...i know the ones on my truck are 2 different stops....one from earlier generation and one from newer...hope this helps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts