S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At work a blazer xtreme came in and had the 4.3 with some type of import exhaust and sounded nice, i was wonderin if i should cut out part of my roll pan for a import muff, or put a double pipe out in front of my rear passenger wheel in the fender

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Unless the exhaust was for a 6 cylinder import, I know of no exhaust that would sound good with the 4.3. Remember, just cause its a 6 doesnt mean it isnt big. just 3/10 of a kitre off a new mustang gt. Need volume and tuning for an 8 to get the correct harmonics and resonance. Just some info. Getting single in dual out system this weekend and let me tell you, it has "THAT" sound..Nice rumbly idle, honks at about 5000 rpm

·
Trick MotorSports!
1,253 Posts
IMHO...a 40 series flow w/turndown sounds better then any riceboy muffler.:bah:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok i get it, flowmaster does the trick then, just waitin for the loot to come in and it will be done, thanks for the advice

·
Registered
98 Posts
FORGET FLOWMASTER.......Ravin class 33 single in dual out...got that on my 4.3 s-10..sounds like a v-8 and it haulsass...nothin against flowmaster they are good...but there is better....check out al ocal midas dealer, they should have Ravin's

·
I'd Rather be Blown than Injected
251 Posts
My 2 cents

IMHO Dual pipes are a waste of time and money. If you want a
good flowing exhuast a 3" cat back works great. Same as GM
put on the Cyclone. Just pick a muffler that sounds good to you.

·
Registered
98 Posts
no, no pics yet...ill try and get some tomorrow....ill jack it up and see what i can do

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Duals look good and sound nice. Im getting them installed today. As far as the ravins go, never heard of them. Would I trust anything from midas?. Probably not. But thats whats nice about this forum. Lots of opinions. I havent seen any numbers on the ravins but I know from seeing an actual Dynojet run on a 2001 4.3 S-10 that flowmasters with just the muffler swap was good for 11.8 horsepower at 4800 rpm. torque was up 14 lb/ft at 3160 RPM. With a test tube in place of the cat the numbers jumped to 17.6 and 18.2. As for the 3", your motor is not pushing a large enough volume of exhaust gasses to warrant a 3" system other than for looks. The typhoon and syclone ran them due to the need to be able to move large volumes of exhaust gasses to get the turbos spooling quicker and to allow for higher levels of boost. Just some info, hope it helps..

·
Camaro Owner, S10 Lover.
148 Posts
Tony is right, it robs power. I just switched from duels out the rear to a sideswept exhaust. Ill have pics taken today. So in a bout a week or less I'll get them up as soon as the film is developed.

Dont do any riceboy ****, they are garbage.

I know what Dan means about the Ravin exhaust. When I went to get my exhaust put on they tried to sell me one. The charts they had showed that they flowed 1.2% better than the flowmaster. That isnt a HUGE difference, really. But, he said the Ravens sound more tuned over the flowmaster.

Flowmaster w/ turndown are to noisy in my book. I like the sideswept because it sounds like a turndown for other people, but the sound doesn resonate back into the cab.

I get my truck on the dyno today, YAY!

·
Registered
98 Posts
i had my duals run out on the passenger side..i removed the spare tire, so there is plenty of room and less pipeing since im not going acreoss to the driver side

1 - 14 of 14 Posts