S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Undecided
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
somebody is trying to steal the copper pipe off of my job. does anyone have any experience with hidden camera systems? i need something that i can set up fairly easy.

·
''true believers''
1,124 Posts
i know a guy how had the same problem,he hide out with a 9mm and caught the guy and held him till the cops got there,its amazing how good word of mouth works,cuz he has not had a problem since

·
Registered
270 Posts
get one of the cameras hunters set up to take pictures of deer or whatever and put it where it can see the pipe and who ever comes up to it. That way you might get lucky and get a shot of a license plate. all you do to set them up is load the batteries, mem card, and turn it on and walk away.

·
PHAT JOE
5,916 Posts
get one of the cameras hunters set up to take pictures of deer or whatever and put it where it can see the pipe and who ever comes up to it. That way you might get lucky and get a shot of a license plate. all you do to set them up is load the batteries, mem card, and turn it on and walk away.
yep, thats a good idea, most now have a nice flash and everything so itll be a nice bright pic

·
Ehhh!
2,285 Posts
Had a pretty nice camera system at the nightclub I used to work at. Gotta remember that it almost isn't worth anything unless u get plates. But I kinda like the whole 9mm idea. Maybe lay a good bit fairly easy to get to as a bait. lol. We had a contractor building his own house around here that someone ripped the copper out of house then burned it down. Just a couple of weeks ago.

·
Undecided
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it is all in a garage and the garage has a camera outside. everybody needs a card key to get in. if there is a flash, i would just go get the camera and take it.

·
Registered
270 Posts
If you want a permanent install, that looks good but if you have to have key card access to get the the pipe, it sounds like an employee doing it. Once you find out who and fire/kill/ what ever you wanna do to them are you still going to see the need in monitoring the inside of a locked garage? If not, that's a lot of money for a one time thing

·
tu-tu guru
8,893 Posts
its a lil pricy but an IP camera would be good...you could log on from anywhere and see the camera...and for the right price you could have video saved on the hard drive of the server computer...plus you can have it record only when it detects motion...PLUS some of them have ir lighting for nightime conditions....

or you can get a cheap dome camera and run it to a small dvr or somethin....youll need some type of recording device if you plan on tryin to see whos comin in and out....gimme a call if you want it done, ive installed a few different camera systems and i can get you the equipment

·
Registered
270 Posts
oh ok, well then it might be something worth keeping around, and all the camera's like I was talking about are about the same price as that kit so it would probably be worth getting the one you found. Assuming the wireless cameras can transmit through the garage to an apartment. How far is the garage from your apartment and what floor are you on?

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
if its in the garge just wire the light to stay on and u can use a normal camera, the ir cameras probally wont give u match face detail to id someone
that or lock the pipes up

·
Undecided
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i don't live in the apartment. it is the job im running. there is 21000 feet of pipe locked up in a chainlink fence with barb wire on the top. ive covered the whole fence with black plastic so they can't see it. i've noticed part of the fence was pulled over and one morning i came in and the plastic was removed. i am just looking to pinpoint a time that this is happening an get some basic detail of what kind of a person it is.

·
Undecided
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
this is my companies copper, not mine. so im not wasting my party time to wait for some theif. it shouldn't all be there in the first place, but my dumb ass project manager ordered it, and now i am supposed to figure out some way to keep it there. and it is in d.c. so guns are out of the question.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
i don't live in the apartment. it is the job im running. there is 21000 feet of pipe locked up in a chainlink fence with barb wire on the top. ive covered the whole fence with black plastic so they can't see it. i've noticed part of the fence was pulled over and one morning i came in and the plastic was removed. i am just looking to pinpoint a time that this is happening an get some basic detail of what kind of a person it is.
:dunno: looks like someone wants it and there going to get no matter what u do

·
Undecided
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well, im going to be in everybodies apartment, so if i can get the basics of who they are i can figure the rest out. and maybee payback if they piss me off enough

1 - 20 of 20 Posts