S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K. I got a pretty severe knock in the motor so I am going to need a differnt motor so should I get the one at the junk yard that has 11,088 mile s for 800 dollars it is an L35. If i do this I am going to swap the heads since mine have the port polish and the intake also

·
Registered
23 Posts
How about a nice 4.0 SOHC....those are nice. J/K. Is the junk yard going to give you a warranty? If not your are better off just going to Pep Boys and purchasing a long block. At least that way you will atleast have a warrenty and the price / quality will be close to the same.

·
Registered
3 Posts
you are better off to just by a short block from GM and put your heads on it. it will be around the same price and will be new.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Yes you can get a short block from GM and its around $1500 or you can find a newer crashed truck. When I blew mine out wheeling, when the filter was abrutly removed, I found a blazer in a junk yard that was rear totaled with 27,000 on it, and bought the motor for $750.

·
Treadwear Waste'n Member
133 Posts
sounds good. What year is the new motor?

and please tell me youre going to mod the piss out of it before stuffing it back in!!!:cool:

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
rod knock?

how does it run?

im gonna be pullin my motor out im just trying to get some more info. im gonna run the comp cam set up with forged pistionsl. im still trying to find out about the pistons. but other than that new rods etc. why not just pull this motor and get a cam and some other internal stuff.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well I found a new motor it has 9876 miles it is the L35. 800 dollars and I will keep the one i have and build the crap out of it and put it back in. do I need to switch the computers out also My computer is not for the L35 the new motor is an L35

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Are the motors from the same year or use the same style injection system? Mine was a L35 x code and I went to a w code, had the dealer look atit when I was done and the computer didnt need anything, worked fine. Sometimes it will, others it wont and I'm not sure of the cut-offs ( Years) of what will. I would pick up the other one if some things are different, try yor old one, if it works you now have and extra that you could either resell or send to dynosources and get custom tuned.

·
SS Member
21 Posts
Why dont you go for the LS-1 motor??? I got an all alum LS-1 motor from a guy that deals in alot of parts and it was $2,000 wait till that babys in my truck!!!!!!
Later Eric

1 - 10 of 10 Posts