S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What kin& strength ALT. should i get im gonna run a alpine CDA 7875 head unit
1 soundstream lil wonder 2ch 100 watts total. 1 soundstream oldschool ??? 2ch 100 watts total. With a infinity basslink 10" sub(200 watt rms) What place should i look for them ?

Will i need a cap?

I need a alarm too!!!! More opinions on ALL subjects PLEASE & THANKS

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
"You wont need a HO alternator with that setup, nor will you need a cap."

You sure about that im thinking of just getting one amp for my mids running the sub and hooking the dash up to the HU like you said anyways but with both amps and the sub amp i wouldnt need a cap or HO ALT?If i end up doing that anyways
THANKS!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Where in Jax do you live?

·
Always Dreamin Big
2,300 Posts
You will not need a high output alternator for that small of a system. I'm running an old school Rockford Fosgate that draws upwards of 60 amps (well, with my old sub, it's turned down now). I can sit at idle with the headlights on and the fan running and pound the system as hard as possible, no dimming, only a very minor "twitch" of the voltage gauge. You're probably looking at a max of 40 amps draw off your electrical system, that's no big deal.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
yeah when i had my speaker amp in i was running a 280w amp and an 800w amp with a 1 farad cap and i am running the stock alt.

·
Banned
21,222 Posts
It also depends on the amps though.

Some amps are built better than others, with better quality parts. Some will pull more amperage than a similarly rated amp.

·
Always Dreamin Big
2,300 Posts
I highly doubt the equipment he listed will pull more amps than my Rockford. I blew a 50 amp inline fuse with it when pushing it hard on bass tracks. It draws a hell of a lot of juice (old Rockford's are so inefficient, that's why most run hotter than hell even at 4 ohm mono).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts