S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 83 s10 and I just put the heater core in. I took pictures of the way the switches were wired, and the way the cables are connected, but I didn't get a good enough picture apparently to rewire it 100% correct. I need to know which color wires belong on which prongs.

Is there any chance one of you fine people can pull the heat/ac controls out enough to snap a good picture? Especially the AC switch in the back of the control head that actually turns the compressor on (not the slide knob). I would appreciate it. I've got the car back together and this is all I need to finish it up.

If you've never done it, its like 10 minutes to disassemble it and put it back together. lol Just pull the dash panels with a torx and then, I believe its 4 small 7/32 screws, or phillips.

Thanks.

·
Boozebag
8,995 Posts
The wires to this control are not separate. They are in a plug that plugs directly to the fan control switch.
Another point - this looks like a non a/c
panel. IIRC, this is cable controlled with no vacuum.
Take a pic of the backside of this unit. It will be more helpful.

·
Registered
817 Posts
thats right, only cable , no vacum hoses.

and the wires are not separate theres a plug.

·
Boozebag
8,995 Posts
This I for an '82 to '85 S10. I'm at home, I'll look and see if I have one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
Mad Max
S-10 Forum
S10forum is the community to discuss the S-Series, Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon. Join to discuss rebuilds, modifications, tech articles and more!
Full Forum Listing