S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay.. I am having some problems with shifting gears, It always goes from 1st to 5th gear. Is there any way I can rearrange the gear pattern on my s10?

Attachments

·
Registered
279 Posts
It looks like you don't have a body lift, so I can't imagine why you're having problems. To my knowledge, there is no way to change the shift pattern without changing the entire transmission. Nice lift BTW.

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
hhahahaha........lol, is that what you brother's truck's supposed to look like when its done? ;)

·
Mall wheeler
215 Posts
Is it a trans problem or is you shifter hitting the sheetmetal of your floor? I don't know anything about S10 trannys but in my zuk there was a bolt from the stick that holds the shift forks, it wore a groove in the shaft and the shifter was sloppy. Pull the boot and shifter and take a look at the shift forks if everything checks out in might be internal. Also check the condition of your trans and motor mounts, a torn or bent one might throw the drivetrain out of whack and cause some problems.

·
12,507 Posts
:stupid: tho i have gone from 2nd into 5th in an old Nissan 4x4.

·
Mall wheeler
215 Posts
Well I feel stupid:zipit:
I thought he was missing 3rd and hitting fifth coming out of 2nd gear. My bad....I try to pay attention next time.:racing:

·
Off Roadin' Member
1,277 Posts
sorry guys i apologize. The person who started this thread was my sister, she got that pic from a file on my computer labeled "SFA info" where i have all the pics/info that will help me with my SAS saved. She said something about her shifting from 1st to 5th gear, thats because the first time she drove my truck she went to shift from 1st to 2nd, and got nearvous and shifted into 5th, so it is possible. Sorry about all this, it should be closed by a mod.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry about the silly subject you guys, I was just playing around, but my question was serious.. because I would love to know how to change the gear pattern on an s10 because i don't like the arrangement of the shifter.. it confuses me. and i would like to get an old s10 someday to go out and beat up and get it as muddy as possible! LoL.. so you all don't think theres any way to change the gear pattern?:stupid:

·
Hyundai Owner
4,272 Posts
The shift pattern is the same as 90% of vehicles with 5 speeds, excluding VW's and some other foreign cars.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
shes crazy, she wants it to be 1 2 3
.................................................4 5 R

her problem isnt the shifter, shes scared about using the clutch. btw this is her brother, fmfredrider501

·
Mall wheeler
215 Posts
I would suggest a automatic...........

Mental note to self:.....Stay the hell out of West Virginia

·
12,507 Posts
hey, there's nothing wrong with Wv, so long as you stay away from the crazies!

·
Hyundai Owner
4,272 Posts
joshslilbabigrl0 said:
shes crazy, she wants it to be 1 2 3
.................................................4 5 R

her problem isnt the shifter, shes scared about using the clutch. btw this is her brother, fmfredrider501
How the fuck would you be able to shift gears with a shift pattern like that?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Sounds like a challenge. I bet it wouldn't be too hard to make a tranny shift in that pattern. Not a S-10 tranny. But one with external shifting levers and a custom linkage. Not that it'd be a good idea. I just think it'd be doable.

And yes, stay out of WV.

·
Registered
263 Posts
MuddyS10 said:
hey, there's nothing wrong with Wv, so long as you stay away from the crazies!
like the crazies that sink there trucks?

j/k, ive done it before too

1 - 20 of 25 Posts